cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ksyado
Adept I

AMD Threadripper 1920x,permanent system failure.

Sorry for the bad translation, used google translate,but i hope you can understand the text.

AMD Threadripper 1920x

ASUS ROG Strix X399-E gaming

HyperX 4*8gb 2666Mhz HX426C16FW2K4

Palit Geforce 1060 6gb

PS Chieftec 850w

Cooling Noctua NH-U14s and 5 coolers 140mm 

SSD Samsung EVO 970 500gb

HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB

HDD WD 1TB

computer case AeroCool XPredator II

Hello. Looking for help in finding problems with the PC. I collected myself a new PC in December. In general, I started testing on strong games (The Witcher 3, Assassin Odysseus, FarCray NewDаwn), constant crashes and blue screens (I will attach minidumps), video driver dump and its restart (even a couple of times just from the desktop or browser), I handed in 2 times to service centers, who said that everything worked like a clock for them (the former had a reason for the video card, changed it on the RX590, nothing changed at home, the second seems to be a problem gone after flashing the BIOS and adjusting the coolers videocards, and upon arrival home, old symptoms are immediately detected. Sentinel checked the disks, there was a suspicion of SSD, installed a Windows on the HDD and removed the ssd, nothing changed. Video cards were changed 4 pieces, right now I stopped at 1060 6GB, everywhere the same in terms of errors. I bought myself a voltage regulator, I thought there were jumps in the house, suddenly because of this, it did not help. I checked memory with memetest 2 times, and in the first service they did it too. I installed different old, new drivers everywhere the same way. Stress test in AIDA64 it fails only with RAM (maybe after 3 seconds, maybe after 5 minutes, says Warning: Hardware failure detected! Test stopped), OCCT runs stably. Furmark and analogs calmly, FPS is excellent, there is no overheating anywhere. I am honestly perplexed and in despair.
I collected it for rendering in 3D Max, but so far I haven’t even reached it .. for sense, if the system is not stable, after all this shouldn’t be so that the games crash out after a minute or an hour (by the way there is no regularity of freeze).

I'm going to take a percent and mother for warranty service, but for now I want to know the opinions of professionals, all of a sudden I can do something else.

If i missed something, then tell me. I would be very grateful for any help in this matter.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ksyado
Adept I

Thank you all for the answers, but my problem really solved when I removed the defective 1 RAM, the system is now stable with 2 RAM. 

i pass the memory under warranty

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ksyado
Adept I

now I did stress tests of memory in Aida64, inserted 1 plate and as a result the test crashes on 1 memory plate, it seems I found a winery of my troubles. It is strange that in the memtest does not find errors. The topic probably is not yet relevant, until I buy a new memory.

0 Likes

"winery"?  What does this mean?  Basically, if a valid memory test fails, it represent a disaster that must be addressed first.  When the memory fails there is no guessing what instructions are being executed.  Use mdsched.exe  to run a W10 test.  Enter the command in a command prompt and follow the instructions.  Is your memory in your MB's QVL list Qualified Vendor List?  My opinion is the G.Skill Flare X for AMD is the best for TR and ones with Samsung B-Dies is the very best.  Just free advice, maybe not worth much.  Looks like to me you have a bad stick or two and I suggest you run with one at a time to see if you can determine which, or ask HyperX to RMA your kit - I assume it is a quad channel kit, if not please buy a Quad Kit.  It is possible that one of your memory slots is bad, thus the testing.  When you are running again, please post a screenshot (drag-n-drop) Ryzen Master (RM).  Thanks and enjoy, John.

From your Minidump shows Bug Code x119 which is related to the Video card or driver:

Here is a good website that give good tips on fixing Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error: Fix Video Scheduler Internal Error - Best Ways - XtremeRain 

From DriverEasy website about the Watchdog.sys error also indicated Graphic driver or GPU: [Solved] Watchdog.sys Blue Screen Errors (BSOD) - Driver Easy 

Note: don't download and use Driver Easy. It might install incorrect drivers and make your computer problem worse.

Otherwise follow the tips on resolving Watchdog.sys error:

1) Install again the latest Graphics Driver

2) Update your Motherboard's BIOS and CHIP SET.

3) Check your Windows installation by using SFC /scannow

4) Make sure your Windows is completely updated via Windows updates.

According to other websites that mentions Watchdog.sys & dxgmms2.sys it also indicates Graphics or audio driver problems.

Go to Device Manager and see if you see any errors like a yellow exclamation mark or other errors.

Can you run DXDIAG.exe  and export the file upload it. That can be very helpful and narrowing down all the files or programs that are crashing.

Note: Even if your RAM MEMORY checks good with MEMTEST86 doesn't mean the RAM Memory is compatible with your CPU or Motherboard. See if your RAM Memory modules are listed in your Motherboard's QVL List for your particular CPU/APU.

If it isn't listed it means you have a 50/50 chance that it is compatible. Here is my reasoning:

QVL Lists are lists that:

1) The motherboard Manufacturer tested the Hardware and passed 100% with being compatible. If not listed it means it wasn't compatible.

2) The motherboard Manufacturer hasn't had a chance to test the hardware to see if it is 100% compatible thus it is not listed.

0 Likes

When installing or uninstalling your Graphic Driver for either AMD or NVIDIA, here is a basic method to do it. This is for AMD Drivers but you can replace AMD with Nvidia and do the same thing:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

misterj
Big Boss

ksyado, I will take a look, but please drag-n-drop images and paste small quotes into a quote icon.  Thanks and enjoy, John. John.

EDIT: Please attach your compressed minidump folder so all your crashes can be viewd

0 Likes
ksyado
Adept I

Thank you all for the answers, but my problem really solved when I removed the defective 1 RAM, the system is now stable with 2 RAM. 

i pass the memory under warranty

Thank you, ksyado.  Glad I was able to help.  You are very welcome.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes