cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

salty
Journeyman III

MSI R9 380 Gaming 4GB Green Screen Crashes

It's been 2 years since I've built this computer and this problem keeps happening constantly, and it's reaching a point where it's starting to become unbearable.

Basically, since I bought the computer some weird, green screen crashes along with stuttering audio started happening. It happened once about a month after I got the computer and it stopped, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Then, suddenly, like 1 year or so after, it started happening REALLY often. Had to reinstall the SO, drivers, professionals checked the GPU, RAM, Hard Drive, etc, everything was working perfectly fine. After the PC was completely formatted, the problem kept happening and I could isolate it to Wallpaper Engine (Wallpaper Engine en Steam ), a program that I had for months and for some strange reason, was the thing that caused the crashes. Stopped using it and it stopped, for a long time. (Also, I tried to reinstall it after some driver updates just in case and it still makes my computer crash the same way.)

Then, some time after, tried to play Dead By Daylight in high settings. Same crash. Ok, I guess, Lowered the graphics and it stopped happening.

And now for some reason it started happening when I watch Netflix  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ???????

Everything is updated, drivers, SO and BIOS, everything is in place, all cables are correctly connected, when the computer crashes I plug and unplug the HDMI cable, doesn't fix anything, I have to reset it with the power button. The temperatures are also fine and no matter if the fans are dusty or not, the crashes happen anyway.

As a side note, recently After Effects started crashing on me sometimes with a BSOD. WhoCrashed gave me this report:

On Thu 10/01/2019 13:44:29 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011019-9968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x2ADDDD)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802B06AFDDD, 0xFFFFFA08C1E3E588, 0xFFFFFA08C1E3DDD0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I really DON'T KNOW what the problem could be. I've searched through reddit, almost every computer related forum I can think of and no one can come up with what the problem is. Hell, not even the guy that put the PC together for me knows what the hell the problem is and at this point I think I just might buy a new one.

These are my specs:

Processor: AMD FX 3850

Motherboard: 970 Gaming Atx AM3

PSU: Nox Urano VX 750W

GC: MSI R9 380 Gaming 4GB

SO: Windows 10

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Maycos
Journeyman III

Hello, I know it's been a long time since you asked this question, but I wonder if you managed to solve the problem. I'm having the same problems, same video card. I've tried several solutions and i haven't succeeded. I appreciate it if you can share your experience on it. (I apologize for possible spelling mistakes, I don't speak English, I'm using a translator) 

0 Likes