cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

falcondu
Journeyman III

Rainbow Six Siege vertical lines, flickering, artifacts?

I am getting some strange graphical issues in Rainbow Six Siege. I want to know whether this is a known issue, or if it is something that can be fixed. If not, is this an issue with the game itself, or is my 1 month old Vega 64 bad? Here is a link to what I am seeing: Replay 2019 02 12 13 22 Trim - YouTube 

41 Replies

Same here tried everything from verifying the game cache, installing beta drivers to updating windows, no Joy, I have a feeling its on ubisoft's side of things?

bluej5111
Journeyman III

Same here, thought my card was at fault but it's def on Ubis end. Siege artifacts - YouTube 

0 Likes
alt50
Journeyman III

I have the same graphic error, it is precisely only in Rainbow six siege, since February 12 that I downloaded something about 50 megabytes, I already did everything, Reinstall the game,
install drivers from 18.12.2 until the last 19.2.2 and the problem is not removed.

In no other game is this happening.
Also run 3Dmark and everything is perfect.

Rainbow six siege Rx Vega 64 artefactos. - YouTube 

0 Likes

Yup it's on ubisofts end, make sure to write to them on their twitter support page so they get it fixed quickly. Hopefully they don't pass the bug to AMD to fix considering they screwed it up in the first place. 

0 Likes
jscheide
Journeyman III

I have had the same issue too since a few days ago, it is especially visable when you run the benchmark test when it makes a right turn going into a room full of guys, flickering dark vertical lines 

0 Likes

Exactly what is happening to me 

0 Likes
superxtreme
Adept I

Had the same problem, I thought it was on my end. Only saw it on the weapon model first then it was also on the previews on the shop and in the benchmark test like jscheide said. No other game is having this issue.

I already sent the issue to ubi's support, hope they can fix this fast especially now that the new season is on the way. 

0 Likes
horizon2134
Adept I

just report it to ubi, since so many people are having the same issue

0 Likes
cameron4833
Journeyman III

Same exact thing for me, started happening around the second week of february, nothing ive done has fixed it, It only happens in rainbow six. It probably is an issue with a new update and ubisoft needs to patch it. Kindve annoying that its been going on for awhile now with no fix.

0 Likes
louis1ace
Journeyman III

same, i also have a vega 64, it only started recently. hope a fix comes soon, message me on reddit u/lacevedo8046 if u have any questions about updates

0 Likes
liampartho
Journeyman III

same artifact.. its been a week amd didnt fix this issu

0 Likes
bluej5111
Journeyman III

So i wrote to them on twitter with a recording of the issue and i messaged them today asking for a timeframe and they didn't give me one. One can only hope it gets fixed with the update but that's prob at least 2 weeks away. 

0 Likes
loccothan
Adept III

It's UBI fault, we need to wait for Fix

0 Likes
cubandeath1
Journeyman III

hey guys, i investigated in a few rainbow six group in social media and every body who have the problem has AMD video card mayority of the time are rx vega 64  i think  AMD and Ubisoft have to work together to fix this problem, I am sorry for my english is not the best       

PD: just in case this is another video with the problem   Rainbow Six problem - YouTube 

0 Likes

Cubah its exclusively a vega 56/64 problem, i haven't seen anyone else with an AMD card have the issue. AMD doesn't need to work on it, Ubisoft does, they updated something witha 45mb patch file and broke Siege for Vega owners. Unacceptable. 

0 Likes

I understand what you said and i agree with you, this a ubisoft problem they are the one who have to fix this but maybe if AMD know the problem they can communicate with UBI  and say hey brother my guys are having this problem with my vegas 56 and 64  can you fix it or say something to help us 

i really dont want to do it but  if in one month the problem continue and no body do nothing  i will sell my card and i will buy a nvidea card rainbow six is my favorite game and i want to play in good condition  

0 Likes
t3ry4
Journeyman III

Same on 2200g and 2400g.

0 Likes
mellowcream
Adept I

Same issue here, brand new Vega64, runs everything else fine.

0 Likes
cubandeath1
Journeyman III

hey guys I already have a solution for our problem ubisoft tell me that we have to install the 17.9.1 drivers version i did it  already and work for me just try ,ubi tell me to they are working to in a solution for the problem in the latest update form amd for the rx vega 56 and 64 sorry for my english is not the best 

0 Likes
bluej511
Adept II

cuban thats not much of a fix going back to a 2yr old driver. I play and review too many games to where i need current drivers for a game to run properly. I'm not going to downgrade drivers because Ubisoft is too lazy to fix something they broke in the first place. 

0 Likes
cubandeath1
Journeyman III

yes i agree with you but I am trying to help momentarily in to the lazy  people from ubi fix this problem 

0 Likes
superxtreme
Adept I

Now fixed in the Y4S1 update, thanks Ubi

EDIT: Apparently still not fixed

0 Likes

when did you install the update? 

because i installed the update yesterday and i continued having the same issue.

0 Likes

Same here

0 Likes

yea it is definitely NOT fixed not sure how you think it is. The issue persists, AMD have not added it to their known issues under the latest driver. So def not fixed, it seems that Ubisoft f***ed it up and now AMD has to fix it. 

• "Rainbow Six Siege™ may experience intermittent corruption or flickering on some game textures during gameplay."

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.1 Release Notes | AMD 

0 Likes

Huh. Played earlier no flickering anywhere. Might try it again tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion

0 Likes

Quality is a bit trash as it's still uploading to youtube for 1080p but still doing it for me. 

Siege still artifacts with Vega after Y4S1 update. - YouTube 

0 Likes
the_damag3
Journeyman III

Im not one to start casting aspersions but its looking more like Ubi are creating these issues for AMD then purposely not fixing them just to make other cards look better cause loads of ads are going around now about Nvidia and siege so im just saying if its not fixed by next week then its clearly a stunt to make Nvidia look better

0 Likes
notorious
Journeyman III

I have same issue and bought my pc just Saturday this weekend. thought my pc was broke. tried other games and its perfect. I have just spoken to Ubisoft and their community guy ItsEpi. He replied via twitter and said https://twitter.com/ItsEpi/status/1105132804084510720

follow me via http://www.twitter.com/NotoriousT3H for when these guys reply and give us a fix. I know a few devs involved in Siege.

Hopefully we get our graphics looking spot on soon.

0 Likes
hauser_ger
Adept III

I am having the same issue.

Don't want to revert to an older driver, bc. that's having other issues.

lazicki88
Adept I

I hope they will fix that problem on VEGA cards,if not...unfortunately that will be my first and last card from AMD!

0 Likes

Unfortunately this isn't and never was AMDs problem or fault. Ubisoft had a 45mb patch to fix "fps drops", then they did it again in their newest 54gb patch. Unfortunately for VEGA owners whatever they did broke the game for us. Has NOTHING to do with AMD. 

0 Likes
bluej511
Adept II

Ok so AMD seems to have stepped up huge and fixed it within 2 drivers of them having it as a known issue. 

Radeon™ RX Vega 64 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Fixed on 2400g as well.

just updated mine so will test on siege now. Fingers crossed guys.

0 Likes

Oh it's def fixed unless you install the driver wrong or something. I usually uninstall using AMD utility (which now uninstalls in safe mode), then i clean the registry with ccleaner, restart without any internet connection ethernet/wifi unplugged/off so windows doesnt try to install something older, reinstall and restart. Sounds like a pain in the b*tt but i have not had any issues whatsoever this way and works every time. 

Is this now fixed or not??!

0 Likes

For me on my 2700x/v64 combo it is fixed. Did 2 thunts last night to make sure and it was fixed not a single issue, i seem to even get higher fps as well. 

lazicki88
Adept I

Yes maan,on my 2600x and VEGA 64 now working like a charm!

0 Likes