I built myself a new machine at the end of October last year, sadly it's been giving me nothing but trouble.
These are the specs:
- AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor
- Super Flower Leadex Platinum 850W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum" Power Supply
- Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 WindForce OC 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 AMD X370 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
I've been having crashes since day 1. The infurating thing is that it's so random, can work fine for 3 days, then I'll have a load of crashes in a row.
So far, I've replaced the PSU, which was a 750W, and recently I've replaced the RAM, because the original RAM wasn't Samsung B-Die. But I'm still crashing.
There have been several types of crashing. Sometimes the screen will go black, then the fans will spin full whack. I have to turn off the machine eventually.
The other type of crash is when the screen goes black, I can still talk to people on discord/teamspeak for a few seconds, then every stops and I have to restart.
I'm not running any overclock, only thing I'm doing is running XMP on my RAM. I've also tried upping the limiter on my GPU but it hasn't help.
I'm trying to pinpoint the fault, but I'm not having much luck.
A little bit of reading suggests that my fault could be the GPU itself, what's the best way to stress test it? I want to be able to make my PC crash on command.