Here are a list of some errors I have encountered this far using rpr 1.7.217 on Macos 10.13.6 and Blender 2.79b using a MBP 2017 with radeon 560 pro.
1. Crash when trying to click the "Trace dump" checkbox in order to try to give better error information to the dev team.
2. Crash when trying to render while the interactive preview is on.
3. Hard to catch bugs that leads to crash when changing values in shaders (whatever parameter, sometimes its turning on transparency, other times changing a color)
Additional crashes when using dual egpus (2 razer core X with vega 64 using 0.5 m passive cables)
4. Crashes when turning interactive preview on and off (for example: shift-Z, then shift-Z again)
A: No displacement mapping at all. (using the most simple UBER shader possible on a simple UV-mapped plane)
B: Sometimes modifiers are not applied. (example, I have "wireframe modifier" on an object and sometimes when I open the file, it renders as solid, at other times as wireframed. Just reloading the file solves this every other time or so)
Some positive news:
- doesn't crash when maximizing interactive preview anymore (shift-Space)
- doesn't crash when using sky/sun system