53 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 7:19 PM by elstaci

BSOD issues

luizguuus

I'm having BSOD ''Unexpected Store Exception'' and ''Critical Process Died'' while gaming mostly, i found that ''Unexpected Store Exception'' was some drivers, than i fixed it, but ''Critical Process Died'' is still happening, i have a Ryzen 2200g with a A320M, please help me ):

speccy.pngspeccy 2.pngspeccy 3.pngspeccy 4.pngspeccy 5.png

• Re: BSOD issues
          luizguuus

Please, someone help me.

luizguuus

I just got ''Unexpected Store Exception'', and it says something like ''MemCompression''. Please somebody help D:bsod.pngbsod 2.png

elstaci

You need to post your computer specs like version of Windows you have installed, MAKE & MODEL of your Motherboard, CPU/APU , GPU card, and AMD GPU Driver installed. Also post your RAM MEMORY MAKE & MODEL and Part Number.

I see that you have a Ryzen APU. It is very important that you post your RAM MEMORY Part number so I can check to see if it is compatible with your Ryzen APU.

This is Asus QVL list for RAM MEMORY for the Rzyen 2xxx CPU/APU: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-E/Memory-QVL-For-AMD-Ryzen-2000-Series-processors.PDF?_ga=2.…

CORSAIR CMK8GX4M2A2400C14(Ver3.28) 2* 4GB SS N/A 14-16-16-31 1.2 2400

CORSAIR CMD16GX4M4B2400C10 4*4GB SS Hynix 10-12-12-28 1.35 2400

These are the only two Corsair 4 gigabyte RAM MEMORY listed for DDR4 2400 Mhz. Are any of the two listed the ones you have installed?

Did you follow the Troubleshooting tips from the previous Link?  DId you run SFC /scannow in a elevated Command Prompt? or run DISM in a elevated Command Prompt?  Did you run CHKDSK to make sure your Hard drive is good?

Those Windows commands will at least eliminate corruption in your Windows OS.

You can get most of your Computer information from downloading a free small program called SPECCY. Run it and upload an image of the following:

Motherboard, CPU, RAM MEMORY, and GPU Card.

In SPECCY, Click on the upper left menu "VIEW" and click on "SECTIONS" then click on "MOTHERBOARD" - upload image, "RAM MEMORY" - upload image, "GPU" - upload image, and finally "CPU" - upload image.

This will give all the info that Users here will need.

If you can, run DXDIAG and upload the .TXT file which when uploaded will be automatically a .ZIP file. Sometimes that is useful in showing what files are having problems.

Also download MEMTEST86 and install it on a USB flash drive. Then boot into MEMTEST86 and run it and see if you get any RAM MEMORY errors. Run it at least two or three passes.

Do all that post your results.

luizguuus

My MOBO is A320M-K btw, here is the CPU-Z Imagecpuz.pngcpuz 2.png

elstaci

Your Corsair RAM MEMORY is not listed on the QVL List. I would Contact both Asus and Corsair and find out if your RAM is compatible with the Motherboard and Ryzen APU.

Your CORSAIR RAM MEMORY Part Number is "CMK4GX4M1D2400C14" as least the first module is. Can you show the same CPU-Z with the second SPD Module to see if it has the same Part Number or if it is different. The QVL RAM listed comes in sets of 2 & 4 Modules:

From the Asus QVL List for DDR4 2400 - 4 gigabyte RAM Modules:

CORSAIR CMK8GX4M2A2400C14(Ver3.28) 2* 4GB SS N/A 14-16-16-31 1.2 2400

CORSAIR CMD16GX4M4B2400C10 4*4GB SS Hynix 10-12-12-28 1.35 2400

The QVL LIst is for the correct Motherboard you have listed. I double checked.

elstaci

Please upload the same image you have from CPU-Z under SPD except under MEMORY SLOT SELECTION choose "Slot #2."

I want to find out if both Corsair RAM MEMORY Modules are the same.

luizguuus

oh, the computer already came ready from the site that I bought

luizguuus

Did it start BSOD after a Windows Update? No.

Did you have this problem since you first bought your computer? If i'm not wrong, i think it was before i put the another memory ram, it came with only 4GB.

I'll follow this steps and come back with an answer. It happens when i'm gaming, mostly.

elstaci

I deleted some of the previous post concerning RAM Memory since it was confusing the main problem with the Thread.

The computer came with one 4 Gigabyte of RAM and you purchased another stick to up the RAM from 4 to 8 Gigabytes?

Please post Both CPU-Z SPD of Slot #1 and Slot #2 of the RAM you have installed.

But try to follow the suggestions on the other links concerning how to fix your BSOD error.

luizguuus

Yes, that's right. Here it is:slot.pngslot 2.png

elstaci

Thanks, at least you bought the same exact RAM MEMORY the computer came with.

Try booting into a Clean Windows environment as per the instructions from the previous link and then see if you can play your games without BSODing.

If it BSOD's post back and with BSOD exact Error.

luizguuus

Ok. The last BSOD i got was last night, saying something about ''MemCompression''. I can play games without any problems, but i can't know when it's going to crash.

elstaci

It seems like it is the AMD Display driver that may be causing problems. Let install it again using this basic method. But first make sure you have the latest APU 2200g Driver from AMD Support. You can download it from here: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Release Notes | AMD

After downloading the Full AMD Driver package, follow this basic installation procedure to install the Driver on your computer:

(make sure to disconnect from the internet before using DDU in Safe Mode)

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  (Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.9.1 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum  ) Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot and disconnect the internet from your computer.

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

elstaci

Run this command code with an elevated Command Prompt (run with Admin Rights). I am running it now be sure it works. Copy and paste the command that I posted.

sfc /scannow&chkdsk /r

This will check both Windows OS and your Hard drive.

What type of PSU do you have installed?  400 watts or what?

luizguuus

Done. No problems found. I'll reinstall the drivers as you told. I have a 400W

luizguuus

I have Windows 1709, is that a problem? I think 1803 have so much problems

elstaci

Yes, you should upgrade to the latest version. AMD Drivers work best and correctly with the latest Version of Windows.  You should upgrade from 1709 to version 1803.

This Microsoft link will take you to a page where you can upgrade directly from Microsoft website to version 1803 or you can download Microsoft Creation Tool to download an .ISO file to burn to a DVD or USB Flash drive or you can use the Creation Tool to burn a DVD Installation disc.  Download Windows 10 .

Make sure you do an Ingrade Update first and see how that works. Otherwise you may have to do a Fresh Install where you have to reinstall all your software again and configure everything to the way you prefer.

If I were you, If you have a spare Hard drive (external or inside your Computer case ) I would first make a System Image backup using Control Panel - Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup program. In case something goes wrong, you can always restore your Original Windows version. But if Windows doesn't install correctly it will just return your computer back to the original Windows you had before.

In October 2018, A new Windows upgrade will be available to install, version 1809. I still would upgrade now to make sure everything works correctly with the new version 1803. I believe you will have 10 days to revert back to Windows 1709 for whatever reason. As long as you don't delete Windows.old folder and installation files. Plus you can see if your BSOD is fixed by upgrading.

It is your decision, If you continue to have BSODs after doing everything in the previous links, Then I would upgrade to see if the BSOD stops. Your BSOD could be because the latest AMD Drivers are not totally compatible with the older version of Windows you have installed. Just my opinion.

elstaci

By the way, Your version 1709 will not be supported after 2019 by Microsoft with Quality Windows Updates. Here is the Lifetime Cycles of all versions of Windows and when Microsoft will stop supporting that version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows 10 version historyDate of availabilityEnd of service
                                                Windows 10, version 1803April 30, 2018November 12, 2019
                                                Windows 10, version 1709October 17, 2017April 9, 20192
                                                Windows 10, version 1703April 5, 2017October 9, 20182
                                                Windows 10, version 1607August 2, 2016April 10, 20182
                                                Windows 10, version 1511November 10, 2015October 10, 20172
                                                Windows 10, released July 2015 (version 1507)July 29, 2015May 9, 2017

From the link above:

Each Windows 10 version will be serviced with quality updates for up to 18 months from availability. It is important that all quality updates are installed to help keep your device secure.

luizguuus

I will update my Windows. So i just got a new BSOD (not while gaming) and it says ''KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR". I think maybe it can be related with paging file(virtual memory). Do you know the correct values to 64 bits 8 GB system?

''The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by

a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.''

luizguuus

Can i uninstall the drivers using AMD Clean Uninstall? I'm updating Windows now.

luizguuus

I just got ''KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR" BSOD while updating. I'm losing hope, fck

elstaci

DDU is probably a better option since both AMD and Nvidia Forums recommend it to uninstall the Display drivers from a computer.

Did Windows go back to the original version after you rebooted?

Restart your computer three times in a row before Windows starts, This will automatically bring up the Windows Repair Menu. Select repair Windows Startup and see what it says after running it.

Read this thread from Microsoft about the BSODs while installing Windows 10. Windows 10 Kernel Data Inpage Error - Microsoft Community

Did you run the command that I posted earlier to check Windows and your Hard drive? If it is good then did you check for viruses or malware using Malwarebyte? If that came out clean then I suspect it is your RAM or the AMD Driver. If it is the AMD driver, you can always uninstall it as per the procedure in the previous comment and then try to upgrade Windows using the basic Microsoft Display Adapter. Once you upgrade Windows to the new version it will probably install a AMD driver for your APU, that is if you don't have a BSOD again. If you do have BSOD again while upgrading. I suggest you try to locate and borrow a 8 gigabyte RAM Memory module on the Asus QVL List and install it and see if the BSOD disappears while upgrading or just disappears without Upgrading.

Try upgrading with only one 4 gigabyte of RAM installed and see if that works. It should work because I believe the minimum RAM requirement for Windows x64 is 2 gigabytes of RAM. Remove the RAM module from DIMM Slot # 2 and leave the RAM Module in DIMM Slot #1.

Microsoft lists the Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements as:

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.
                                                      • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.
                                                      • Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.
                                                      • Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
                                                      • Display: 800x600.

Try upgrading using a USB Flash drive with the Windows Installation program on it from Windows Desktop.

If you keep getting BSODs while upgrading, my opinion, it could be because of the RAM you have installed is not compatible with Ryzen or your Hard drive is bad or the AMD Driver is incompatible. My bet would be on the RAM. I am just making a hypothetical guess.

When I had one bad RAM Module, I would get BSODs when upgrading Windows to a newer version. When I replaced the bad RAM, I was able to easily upgrade without any problems. Just an example how RAM can affect your computer concerning BSODs.

elstaci

basically do this:

1) Run Windows Startup Repair from the Troubleshooting Menu after it comes up after three consecutive restarts before Windows starts. This should repair Windows Os.

2) Run the Command to check both Windows OS and Hard Drive at the same time from the previous link. If both checks good go to next step.

3)  Download and run Malwarebytes to check for viruses or malware infection. If this checks good go to next step.

4) Remove one RAM Module from DIMM Slot #2 and try to upgrade from a USB Flash drive or external Hard drive or DVD while on the Windows Desktop. It is possible with two RAM Modules installed it may be causing incompatibility issues. Still getting BSODs then try the next step.

5) If unsuccessful, uninstall the AMD APU Driver and then try to upgrade Windows again, in case the AMD driver is to blame for the BSODs. You should be able to upgrade with just the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

If all this fails, My final suggestion is to install one 8 gigabyte RAM Module in DIMM Slot #1 that is listed in Asus QVL list of RAM MEMORY. Then see if your BSODs stop and if it does, Install the AMD APU driver again and retry to upgrade your Windows 10 again to the newer version.

Hope this makes it a little bit clearer from my previous post.

luizguuus

Installing the update now, 77%. As soon as it's over i'll came back with an feedback.

luizguuus

Hey, so i just finished the update and the clean AMD Drivers install. It works, now i'll keep an eye to see if the BSOD stops, tyvm again.

luizguuus

So i just got 3 consecutives BSOD ''CRITICAL PROCESS DIED''. I'm done, i don't know what else to do, i've tried everything, and nothing works.

elstaci

If Windows, Hard Drive and you have the latest AMD Driver installed. I suspect it might be your RAM is not totally compatible with the Ryzen APU.

If you can get a hold of a RAM that is listed in the QVL List for Ryzen 2xxx CPU/APU and install it and see if your BSOD stops.

Or go to the store where you bought the computer and see if they will exchange the RAM for one listed.

This is the only QVL listed Corsair RAM MEMORY for your motherboard. Found the cheapest at Newegg: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK8GX4M2A2400C14 - Newegg…

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK8GX4M2A2400C14 - $86.99

CORSAIR CMK8GX4M2A2400C14(Ver3.28) 2* 4GB SS N/A 14-16-16-31 1.2 2400 from the QVL list posted in a previous comment.

Also at Newegg for one 8 gigabyte RAM which is listed: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C14 - Newegg.com

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C14 - $73.75

CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1A2400C14(Ver3.20) 8GB DS N/A 14-16-16-31 1.2 2400 copied from the QVL List from the link I posted earlier.

I am out of suggestions.

You can always remove the RAM from DIMM Slot#2 and see if the BSOD is less. If it is, then the problem is with RAM Memory installed.

Please run DXDIAG and upload the saved TXT file to this post. Let see if that indicates what files are causing problems.

luizguuus

Here it is. I'll try to download the previous version as you told.

elstaci

Don't install the previous driver yet if you haven't done it.

elstaci

Your DXDIAG program is showing several problems that involves this program: IObit's Advanced SystemCare. The rest concerns with Windows itself.

Here is what it shows:

Problem signature:

P1: 10.0.17134.191

P2: 8024402c

P3: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

P4: Scan

Q5: 0

P6: 0

P7: 8024500b

P8: <<PROCESS>>: ASC.exe

P9: {8B24B027-1DEE-BABB-9A95-3517DFB9C552}

P10: 0

Problem signature:

Problem signature:

P9: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}

Problem signature:

Problem signature:

P9: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}

Problem signature:

Before doing anything else, Uninstall IObit Advanced System Care and see if your BSODs stops. This is the ONLY PROGRAM showing multiple problems on your computer according to DXDIAG.txt.

Seems like it is related to the scanning monitoring of the Advanced System Care.

All the rest applies to Windows Update or some other Windows files.

luizguuus

Really? This program is so good, it releases RAM, disable proccess, it do many good things ): i'll uninstall it. Do you have a solution? A program that releases RAM, or anything that do what this program does.

elstaci

If your BSODs continue than you can reinstall it. But if it stops then Contact IOBIT Support and let them know what is going on.

Just UNINSTALL it for Troubleshooting purposes. Just to see if this program was in conflict with your RAM or computer drivers.

Now lets wait and see if you get anymore BSODs.  Cross your fingers that this will fix your problem.

If you get no more BSODs. Then go ahead and install the latest AMD APU Driver package again and see if you get BSODs. If not, then your BSODs was due to System Care.

luizguuus

So i just got ''KERNEL DATA IN PAGE ERROR'', and my computer restarts, and then i got ''CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'' twice. I can't do this anymore

elstaci

From Google Search page:

The Windows 10 error Kernel Data Inpage Error refers to a missing or corrupt page of kernel data in a Windows page file. This can be caused by file, memory or disk corruption as the term 'Inpage' is apparently exclusively hard disk or RAM related

and this:

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error is a BSoD (blue screen of death) error, also known as a 0x0000007A Stop error. This bug check indicates that Windows has trouble reading from the memory, both from hard drive memory and also the dynamic memory in your RAM. ... Call the 'Chkdsk' (check disk) Command on Your System.

I still suggest replace your RAM MEMORY with one from the QVL list. You can purchase the single 8 gigabyte RAM MEMORY that I posted from Newegg or 2 x 4 gigabyte RAM MEMORY set.

Here is simpler website in troubleshooting your error: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Blue Screen [Fixed] - Driver Easy  or again this same website as before: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-kernel-data-inpage-error-windows-10

Just follow the steps THAT YOU HAVEN'T YET and ignore the rest. DON"T DOWNLOAD their program. it is trash.

There is nothing left. Your hard drive is good so only thing left is your RAM.

Like I mentioned, I don't know if replacing your RAM will fix the BSODs but at least it will possibly eliminate Compatibility issue.

luizguuus

I'm from Brazil, so i'll try to get another memory :/

elstaci

make sure you get the ones that I posted. Those are on the QVL List.

Look if you can't afford to buy new RAM, see if you can take the computer back from the store you purchased it. Maybe they can install the correct RAM and test out your computer before you buy expensive RAM again. If the correct RAM doesn't cause anymore BSODs then go ahead and purchase the RAM they installed. Maybe they will give a break since they sold you a computer with a non-listed QVL RAM.

I hate to find out you bought expensive RAM and you still get BSODs. Please FIRST follow all the steps in the links I posted in the previous comment to exhaust all possible factors for your BSOD error.

luizguuus

I'll contact them tomorrow, my RAMS got guarantee, so i'll demand they trade for another compatible with Ryzen. What about to format Windows again?

elstaci

If Windows Upgraded successfully and everything works fine (except for the BSODs) I wouldn't format the drive. Beside you won't be able to reverse your Windows back to the older version if you format the drive.

I would keep it as it is. As long as it boots normally and all your programs work as before. No need to format the hard drive.

Good idea, hopefully they will exchange it for memory from the QVL list.

elstaci

Here are two websites that deals with Windows 10 BSOD exclusively. I would try Sysnative first and then Windows ten Forums. They may indicate exactly what is causing your BSODs on your computer.

Try these two Forums FIRST before buying any RAM MEMORY.

Here is the First one: BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging  (These people created their own Windows BSOD tools which they may ask to download and run)

I logged in to Sysnative BSOD Forum and asked their advice about your BSODs . Here is the link to that new Thread I started. Go there and sign in and then log on and continue with my thread. Unless they ask you to open a new Thread. Do so. BSOD ERROR "KERNEL DATA IN PAGE ERROR" . The link to new thread may ask you to join first before viewing my thread.

Here is the Second one: Windows 10 Help Forums

elstaci

This is the Reply I got from Sysnative Thread:

Rather than guessing, if you either get him to post here, post the dump files from the crash and we can look at what is actually wrong. We can be here all day guessing at why it's crashing but that would be wasting everybody's time.

Please go to Sysnative (Sysnative Forums ) and register. Then upload the Windows .DMP file it produced when it crashed on the thread I started for you. Then they might be able to find out what is causing your BSODs.

elstaci

Update from Sysnative Forum:

The Moderator helping the OPS has determined his BSOD's is caused by Hardware failure or failing. He believes it is either his Hard Drive or RAM that is causing the BSODs. Even though the OPS says all checked good by using the recommended diagnostic program suggested by the Moderator. Plus the OPS mentioned he had his RAM installed on another computer with a Ryzen 2400g and it work without BSODing.

The Moderator mentioned it is not software since the OPS made a Clean Windows 10 installation and it would cause that type of BSOD.

Edit: 09/01/2018 - Moderator (Looking at Dump File) now believes that it is definitely a RAM issue. Either bad RAM or RAM SLOT. OPS is now trying to narrow down to see which RAM stick is causing the BSODs.

Edit: 09/05/2018: Seems like the Hard Drive may finally be the culprit. The Senior Moderator says the last Dump files verifies that most likely it is a bad Hard drive (Seagate 1 tbyte). OPS will try to run Sea Tools in DOS for several hours to see if it confirms the diagnosis.

The Senior Moderator's post:

Quote Originally Posted by luizguuus View Post

I just got ''KERNEL DATA IN PAGE ERROR'' and ''CRITICAL PROCESS DIED''. Kernel BSOD seems different now, take a look.

It may seem different, but the latter actually compliments the former. If anything, the new BSODs confirm what everyone thought was the cause when working with the initial BSOD dumps.

I have read this entire thread and initially when seeing ''KERNEL DATA IN PAGE ERROR'' - I thought the HDD was bad.

Now seeing new BSODs with ''CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'' (likely 0xf4 bugcheck), it absolutely strengthens my resolve that the HDD is somehow involved here. I have rarely seen a 0xf4 BSOD that did not involve the HDD.

I see that you have a 1 TB HDD; model -

Code:

ST1000DM010-2EP102

Run SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...agnostics.html

It will likely take hours to run, but running SeaTools for DOS at this time is very important.

You'll need a CD-R CD to burn SeaTools on to, then you'll boot from the CD, following the instructions.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

luizguuus

Thank you very much dude, i'll register on this sites. I'll just have to wait till another BSOD appears, because i installed Windows 10 Home 1803 already, without any windows updates. I'll keep on eye on it, thank you very much.