AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon Pro Duo install Centos 7.5

Question asked by tomhome on Aug 24, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 by elstaci

Hi Everybody,

First post here and I am really frustrated so I thought y'all might be able to help as I can't find anything on line. Im trying to install the latest driver for the Radeon Pro Duo on Centos 7.5 and when I install it, it works fine. All my software loads correctly and everything is gravy. When I reboot, though, I get one of two things, its either hanging on "starting GOME desktop manager....ices....shutdown" or "started update utmp about system runlevel changes" and it wont boot. When I remove the rbgh quiet command I see that it gets hung on "ipv6 addreconf: link becomes ready" I can get into multi-user mode by editing the kernel temporarily and uninstall the amd drivers then use init 5 to get to the user interface and everything works again.

Things Ive tried:

Pretty much all the different drivers on the AMD site.

Disabling ipv6 in the network settings.

Reinstalling centos 7 fresh

updating kernels

not updating kernels

disabling nouveau

I followed the guide on the AMD site for installing linux drivers, and like I said, everything installs fine, I just dont know if Im missing something. I know the nouveau is for nvidia, but I had in my old computer I had an Nvidia card and I had to disable it, I just thought Id try it. Im really at a loss here.

Specs

Asus prime x399-a

AMD threadripper 1950x

radeon pro duo 32gb

128 gb ram

Outcomes