AnsweredAssumed Answered

x470 raid crash on shutdown and restart

Question asked by maktonc6 on Aug 19, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2018 by sourdo

Hello All,

Please allow me to say hi to all the AMD peep here. I'm working on a situation that has been plaging my new Rig since I built it a week ago. It takes 5 minutes for this Rig to reboot or Shutdown using Window 10. I come to find out that there is a crash dump involved with this delay and that rcraid.sys is the offending driver.

MY system is the following:

Ryzen 2700

MSI x470 Gaming M7 AC

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Memory

XFX Radeon Vega 64 8GB

EVGA 850Watt PS

Storage

1 Samsung Pro SSD

1 Crucial SSD

2 300GB WDs in raid 0

I've attached the referencing logs to the issue at hand. Effectively, windows is telling the rcraid.sys to start the "POWER_DOWN" and rcraid.sys does not know what that command is. Thus, it sits till the timeout from Windows hits and creates a dump and forces an "unclean" reboot of the system.

The next piece that is concerning me, which might be related is every time the system does come back up, it states the 2 SSDs were newly inserted into the Channels and treats them as new drives, when they have been there the entire time.

Anything here able to help with a way to solve this? I did a clean install of the drivers, twice and still having this issue. Do I have a Bad Raid controller and need to RMA the board? Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Best Regards,

Mak

Outcomes