cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tiryth
Adept I

Why is the Ryzen 7 2700x not eligible for the boot kit loaner?

I just received a response to my request for a boot kit so I can flash my new motherboard and install my new Ryzen 7 2700x.  The email indicated that my brand new processor was not eligible.  So I am stuck with a new board and processor that I can't use.  Is there any other way to flash a bios without a compatible CPU installed?

Additional Followup - ASUS directed me to contact AMD for a boot kit.  They would not provided any assistance.  So AMD and ASUS will not provide any support for this issue.  This doesn't seem like a isolated issue.  Surely there has to be a solution available for consumers purchasing new processors and the motherboard market still has older stock out there.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

I have followed up on your issue and you should have received an email advising you on the steps to obtain a bootkit.

I did receive that email and I have replied with the requested photo and documentation.  Thank you very much for the assistance. 

I did receive the approval email and an email with instructions on how to ship the boot kit back.  Should also receive an email with a tracking number or something for it shipping to me?

The RMA is 2000251228

I just want to make sure I am not missing something.  Thank you for the assistance.

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

The CPU is with the shipper and you should receive it shortly. Once you receive it you can click on the link in the instructions you received to print out the return shipping label.