2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2017 1:37 PM by re-1

Low FPS Since Updating My Drivers From 17.7.2 - R9 270x

ddiddy

Alright, so a while back I started having driver issues with my GPU (R9 270X). I had installed driver version 17.7.2 and I had updated to 17.10.3 and it caused me to have very low FPS in every game so I rolled back to 17.7.2 and it still had the same issue. After some research I came across a program by the name of DDU and completely uninstalled all graphics drivers and files. So when I turned back on my PC and look in device manager properties, it says mt GPU is running driver 22.19.162.4, but if you look at past AMD drivers, it is not one of them. When I load up Battlefield 1, the game runs and plays, but not at the same frame rate as before, just a little less. I then install 17.7.2 freshly from AMD's site, and once again, low FPS so I uninstall it once again and it still has the low FPS issue. I would keep the current driver, the only problem is I don't know where it cam from and it's not getting me as good FPS as I was getting before the screw up. The current driver says "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." as the driver provider and the date is 4/24/17. i can't find any AMD drivers from their site or Guru3d (where you find older drivers). Oh and my windows version is 1607, if that helps anything. Anyone else have a problem like this or possibly know a solution? Thanks!

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.