2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2017 4:49 PM by molokow

Is project Scorpio or the New XBOX going to have Asynchrnous Shading with AMD GPUs?

molokow

I hope so and then they can portal them over to the pc so we can finally funally get some asynchrnous shading happening in games.

>????

• Re: Is project Scorpio or the New XBOX going to have Asynchrnous Shading with AMD GPUs?
          kahless_uk

I should think so or several existing Xbox one games wont work on it.

As for seeing async compute on PC we need a few things to happen;

Nvidia to stop throwing money at game devs to avoid using it and favour gameworks hacks instead

More people to use windows 10 (for Dx12 anyway as Vulkan doesn't care)

More people to buy AMD hardware that can actually do async compute so game devs can see the point of using it

Existing Dx12/Vulkan games need to be rewarded for their efforts with purchaces, otherwise why bother when Dx11 is easier and still sells games

• Re: Is project Scorpio or the New XBOX going to have Asynchrnous Shading with AMD GPUs?
              molokow

Are you saying that some Xbox one games already have Async Shading enabled?

I would think so too. I feel that they will be enabling it with MS studio games in the minimum.

I wonder tho whether they will sell XBOX one X games cross platform to pc windows 10 users with Asynch Shading enabled? I think so also. This would be a good strategy for AMD as well as people pick up on what Asynch Shading actually does in WIn 10.

Yeh Nvidia are stalling the progress in gaming graphics. Sad really.

Yeh, people need to buy more AMD hardware. I suspect they will if they get the MS store working properly.

Right now the MS store really sucks and is poorly organised.