whiskey-foxtrot

Let's see your RX Vega victories! (Rivatuner and Afterburner Setup)

Discussion created by whiskey-foxtrot on Sep 8, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 by ajlueke

By now some of us have played with either the Radeon RX Vega 56 or 64; so far it's been exciting to see the driver developments and improvements in game performance (and in compute abilities). If you have either RX Vega, let's see some of those numbers, and if you know someone who does, refer them to our Red Team community!

Quick Guide on displaying stats:

MSI-AB-installation.pngI use Rivatuner Statistics Server (guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html), combined with MSI's Afterburner (msi.com/page/afterburner). Installation is simple: Download and install the latest Rivatuner from the link above, then install MSI's Afterburner. I don't use MSI's built in installation option for Rivatuner as it tends to conflict with Windows 10 Creators edition. That's also the reason why I install Rivatuner first, followed by Afterburner.

GURU3D's Rivatuner

I try to limit docked apps as much as possible, and I keep my Windows start-up apps to a bare minimum. So I leave "Start with Windows" off only to launch Rivatuner when I need to benchmark games. All the options are fine on default settings; if you need to change your OSD color, you can select it here as well.

RIVATUNER.png

MSI Afterburner

Important note: I use a very minimal setup for Afterburner - I do not use it at all for Overclocking or adjusting any hardware characteristics on any AMD/Radeon GPU; Use WattMan for that, always.

Configuration:

Step 1: On the monitoring tab, select the options you want to display

Step 2: Select "Show in On Screen Display".

MSI-AB-steps.png

Optional step:

You can assign hotkey's to toggle/show/hide the OSD.

MSI-AB-steps-opt.png

That's it -  Now get to posting your numbers and let the tweaking begin!

Outcomes