4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 10:19 AM by amdmatt

Unable to Install AMD Drivers - Lenovo G505 - Radeon HD 8400

nesh89bg

Hello i have a Lenovo notebook model: g505

i have bin trying to install functioning drivers for my device with out any luck, i first installed the VGA drivers for AMD that Lenovo provided with my notebook, they do not work, i tried installing the AMD setings to locate my drivers automatically, but i got the message AMD drivers partially installed, can you please tell me what is wrong?? i have a Radeon HD 8400 and Radeon R5 M230 in my notebook, i have added attachments to show my GPUs and the message i get when trying to run AMD Radeon settings, please help me to set up my drivers properly, thank you.

And i cant contact amd support directlly, i keep getting a error message.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Installation issues
          kingfish
          2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: Installation issues
              nesh89bg

thank you for the answer one more thing, i have an AMD apu and both gpus are from AMD, do i only install the apu drivers? Or must i also install the graphics drivers later? If so do i install the Radeon HD 8400 and the Radeon R5 m230 seperatlly? Or do i just install the latest catalys?

And if i only need to install the APU, shpuld i choose APU, then Moble APU, now in the given options it my apu is not on the list

, i have a A6 5200,  since my apu is not on the list do i choose the option APU w Radeon HD 8000 series since it is my main gpu or do i choose apu with Radeon R5 2xx, since it is my 2nd gpu? Or should i install both? You will need to forgive me this is my first notebook, and my first time using dual graphics, some of my questiones may sound stupid, but i have no idea what im doing, thank you and best regards.

• Re: Unable to Install AMD Drivers - Lenovo G505 - Radeon HD 8400
              amdmatt

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.