2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 9:50 AM by ray_m

My Suggestion towards AMD Company

I believe AMD introduced AMD Ryzen processors, targeting as the professional and high-end market, with their outstanding performance and high price comparing against the entry-level products. But allow me to be frank, I might guess AMD made a little bit mistake, utilising the AM4 socket rather than some other socket exclusively for such processors. I believe AMD Ryzen is good and elegant, but they might find difficulties when persuading the professionals to give up the choices of Intel products in favour of AMD Ryzen, for many obvious reasons, without needing to mention any word.

AMD, I think it is good time to release AMD Ryzen based APU for the entry level market! AMD, you'd better provide more rooms for potential consumers to evaluate it in the very value way rather than continuously to release the high end AMD Ryzen processors all the time. In my own opinion, AMD Ryzen should need another socket rather than AM4, or else the future AMD Ryzen based APU would be in the way of the future AMD Ryzen processors, at least AMD is not merely a processor only company, it also has its great weapon, AMD Radeon GPGPU products.

Future AMD Ryzen and future socket for AMD Ryzen should possess the capabilities for the multiple processors configuration, not only Ryzen base Opteron, but also merely AMD Ryzen processors their own. This new multiple processor configuration is provided to expand the number of cores, rather than limited by the SMP platform. Or in other words, multiple processors on the same mobo does not need the same model, same frequency, same number of cores, or same generation; just need they could meet the power supply requirements and same socket.  

Someone called the above words as a can of worms, luckily, I never eat worms, I love jokes, and I realized that I post it on the wrong place, so I open up a topic rather than a can of worms. There are no too many whys, I believe!

• Re: My Suggestion towards AMD Company

I do appreciate nothing that ray_m locked my topic, .Epyc, An Opteron Replacement?, but the behaviour of locking. That is other suggestions from me towards AMD Company!

The number of pins for Socket SP3, 4094, is over huge for a processor! And this number is very bad for Oriental cultural purchasers, especially Japanese, Korean, and many more. So if AMD want to sell more and more such processors, and persuade those potential purchasers to put their money on such things rather than Intel Xeon. Allow me to be frank, this socket needs redesigning! In my suggestion, it would be better if pins could be packaged into fewer in the form of serialisation. This needs another logic integrated onto the bridge chipsets on the mobo.

Epyc, what such a good name, but it is obviously worse than Opteron. No matter how rich meanings it embraces, but it is quite similar as HP/Intel EPIC. That would go worse, that would mislead the potential users and draw their a big illusion, AMD mimicked Intel another time! But in fact, it is not at all! Xeon and Opteron, both are the excellent names for server-class computers, but Epyc might need another name to replace before releasing onto the market. I still suggest AMD do not change the style of naming their processors!

For those two points, I wish AMD company, just AMD company would evaluate!