2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 6:57 AM by amdmatt

Why no real time preview on Premiere CC 2017?

albertob

In the last month the real time preview for most of the effects simply disappeared from our Premiere CC, seems we returned for the beginning of the non-linear editing era, besides dissolve and some transitions any effect needs render to be seen in stop mode, without playing, even color correction. This problem occurs in any project despite the kind of media and resolution.

Till some time ago Ultra Key, color correction and other could be seen without render, the computer configuration has not change, important: in the same machine using AE and even Media Encoder (when exports) we can see the preview in real time.

We area using Radeon r9 370 and it worked OK, the problem seems with some of the driver updates.

Anyway, is thIs there some Radeon settings that must be disabled to improve Premiere performance?

System info:
      Creative Cloud - Premiere cc 2017 - last version 11.1.2
      Desktop DELL XPS 890 32RAM - 3 Hard drives (System, Audio Video, Cache)
      Video Board Radeon r9 370 - last driver (worked fine in Open GL mode)
      Blackmagic Design Decklink Studio 4K 
      Windows 10 – last update

Latest software installed Saffire Effects and Autodesk 3D Max

ALBERTO BAUMSTEIN
      VIDECOM

• Re: Why no real time preview on Premiere CC 2017?
          albertob

Problem solved!

After some trials (rolling back the RADEON driver till December 2016...) I followed JIm Simon indication trying an "Unofficial Premiere Troubleshooting Guide" cleaning all plug-ins, preferences and cache.

So It worked after resetting Premiere (holding down Shift+ALT while Premiere Pro starts up and until the Welcome screen)..

The source of the problem is still unknown due I did not installed new plug-ins in the last months... but now it is OK and I have the real time preview again.

ALBERTO BAUMSTEIN

VIDECOM

1 of 1 people found this helpful