43 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 9:42 AM by amdmatt

No Option To Enable AMD CrossFire - RX 480 17.4.3.

jurekk4

SPEC

2x MSI RX 480 gaming x 8gb

Desktop

Win 10 x64

17.4.3-> last one.

Monitor Dell U2410 dvi v HDMI

Motherboard Z10PE-D16 WS

CPU 2x Xeon 2699 v3

AX860W

8x16GB ECC-REG

Samsung NVME drive

I have no crossfire option in AMD settings. I tried

Every version from 17.4.3

Uninstall with DDU

different PCI-E slots

diffrent monitor connectors

RX 480 working with 2x PCI-e x16@3.0 mode

I put it in second and fifth slots. I tried also with third ans fifth slot -> same effect but that config have no proper ventilation.

Both cards working with - OpenCL

Crossfire not working in games

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: No crossfire option
          rebelyell

wow, you got some cash bud. 2800$ each cpu.

ok so have you looked in your bios to see if you have pcie set to 3.0 x16.. or 16x16 or 16x8 or 8x8 and such??? it looks too me like your bios is set too 1 16xpcie

jurekk4

I can't. It's not a desktop motherboard. I can only turn on/off PCI-E. I have very limited options here and a lot of options that doesn't matter at all.

Specs show only first and third PCI-E slot are x8-> rest of them are x16

https://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/l3UydeIOQldxCszz/img/Z10PED16_WS.jpg

I connect to second and fifth.

GPU-Z show for both PCI-E x16 but it's change in IDLE from 3.0 to 1.1 - it's normal motherboard and graphics card negotiating speed for power save.

AMD settings show for both PCI-E x16@3.0

1. I kick out NVME drive nothing change

2. I turned of Integrated graphics nothing change

No crossfire settings in AMD settings

I bought used one cheaper.

rebelyell

i am almost certain they must go into the 2nd and forth slot to work.. ok ... this will cover both 8x slots so if you need those slot you will need extension cables for those slots. or a pcie riser board if they make it for that beast.

i gotta admit 80 pcie lanes is awsome.. the m.2 2.0 express does use alot of lanes but you have plenty lol.

rebelyell

ok but what i am trying to say is i am almost positive you must have the the primary gpu in slot 2 and the other in the very next 16x slot which is slot 4 in order for the crossfire to be recognized, if u skip a slot it will not be recognized. yes they are close to each other. and if you put 3 gpu's in it will need slot 5 which wont fit without a cable or expansion board. are you able to try slot 2 and 4????

rebelyell

and the bios set 16x16

rebelyell

yes slot 1 and 3 is x8 slots. if slot 2 and 4 dont work you may need to switch bios settings too either 16x8  or gen 2.0 16x16 or 16x8. ive been looking at the specs on that board... so if slot 2and 4 dont work , try reinstall driver and if no xfire in crimson contact amd support since that would be an AMD problem

rebelyell

i just had a disconcerning feeling and hope i am wrong.. if intel is running the pcie lanes and amd is trying to link though the pcie lanes is there a conflict which is very possible.

rebelyell

if it was an amd board with nvidia which is total oppisite of what you have it would work since nvidia uses the slower 12.5 mb/s sli physical bridge.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          jurekk4

second and fourth slot not working as crossfire. I turned off all the others slots

So we tested all possibilities- slots are not a problem.

For God's sake this motherboard has crossfire certificate with support of quad crossfire... (and tri sli)

I can't even  force  two cards to work...

Im sure it's not a problem with a no bridge. Since AMD would not make new problems when they drop bridges...

This would pointless since bridges didn't bother at at all and there is no cons.

rebelyell

well you could always set the xfire in the registry key. its under display and its under the 1st or second set of four zero's . look on the right and scroll down too amd link bridge or pcie cross link bridge. other than that sorry i couldnt help.

jurekk4

Can you tell me exact  name of the key?

I check EnableCrossFireAutoLink -> every 000x has 1 value. I suppose it's correct.

I disable ULPS- nothing change

I have no creator update. It's 1607 build.

I install 17.3.3 mar16 -> still not working.

rebelyell

hang on let me look for it brb

rebelyell

yes , in video  i have 0000 through 0005

just keep clicking view find next and it wil go right to the next one.. and it looks like this

enablecrossfirelink  regdword  0x0000001(1)   so the 1 on the end is the on for true=1 . so when you right click a box pops up and you delete 0 and put 1 if it is 0. need 1.....enable all of them then go to file and close and reboot full reboot...

rebelyell

but right now you have the same issue as everyone else with win 10 and amd driver with cards not getting recognized . theres piles of people card undetected so its not  just you.. search the forum and if i find some fixes i will let you know.

some people are having luck with very old original crimson driver the ones before whql was put in. which is the 16.4 and 16.5  .. 17.2.1 was the first with whql in it...you can try to install that old one clean...

rebelyell

yes just right click and mine says modify as pop up box comes up with a 0 or 1 in it.. enable all of them and you can also save that spot so its easy to find later

rebelyell

once we get your pc to recognize the dam cards it will show up.. i have my eye open to see what other people are doing to fix. but like i said try and old driver  like 16.4.1 or one in the 16 versions... see if that helps.

jurekk4

quick update. I tried all the drivers from 16.6.2 the first one to 17.6.1

One problem I can't uninstall drivers from 17.6.1

DDU, AMD Uninstaller- nothing can delete it. Can this be a cause?

rebelyell

17.6.1 has been cause some problems on some setups...

manually delete ...

go into c drive and open . delete amd folder, go to programs and delete amd and all ati folders then go into programs x86 and delete all amd and ati folders ati technologies.

reboot then go back to uninstall programs and see if amd catalyst or any amd is in there then uninstall and run ddu if you can. reboot

install 17.5.2 for now

rebelyell

check in device manager under display after all is deleted and see if any amd drivers are in there if so delete if u can or disable if u have too. then install.

jurekk4

Yes they are and I can't delete the newest 17.6.1 They are there....

DDU/ AMD install and uninstall/ or just click on the card in device manager and uninstall with delete drivers)...

... no matter what I do they are there.

I tried  my older 1607 windows 10. Not working (so 17.6.1 are not the problem).

jurekk4

One more thing

I tried reference RX 470 from my friend with all slots ->  no crossfire.

Maybe it's some chipset drivers issue? I have newest intel chipset driver. From asus page. I don't know what to do more.

Maybe it's bios problem?

I have a lot options.

1picture -> PCI advance

2. CPU options

3. iGPU settings (but I turned it off)

4. some chipset stuff

IMG_20170611_154626_HDR.jpgIMG_20170611_154610_HDR.jpgIMG_20170611_154549_HDR.jpgIMG_20170611_154532_HDR.jpgIMG_20170611_154529_HDR.jpgIMG_20170611_154508_HDR.jpg

rebelyell

where is says pcie aspm global .. can you enable that so pcie is power managed. please. then go up and look at pcie aspm support global ( L1) and see if what options you have.  it looks too me now you can only run Level 1 power state if I am correct which may be 1 of the culprit issues.

rebelyell

can you open pcie option rom and snap shot that?

jurekk4

About PCI-E APM support

IMG_20170611_154532_HDR (1).jpg

You have two options here: L1 Only or disable. If you klick disable than:

IMG_20170611_154529_HDR (1).jpg

So as I understood correctly.  PCI-E ASPM support  global -> disable and than should it be PCH DMI ASPM enable or disable?

-------------------

[quote]

can you open pcie option rom and snap shot that?[quote]

Yes I can. But there are only 6 PCI-E slots with option enable/disable.

rebelyell

ok, let the settings as they were originally.

rebelyell

ok at this point here is what i know and need too know...

is your mother board booting in legacy bios or is it booting in eufi mode.

i know the fury and rx470 series have both options with dual bios. so does the 480 need to boot in eufi only or does it work in both you can research that. does it have dual bios option?

so with win 10 your running eufi on a legacy bios board i think? i dont have a 480, so does it work on both legacy and eufi mode i dont know. the 470 does ..

i dont use win 10 and never will, with that said i am at my limit of knowledge on this new microcrap.

so check in bios see if it even has a legacy and eufi boot option and check the 480 specs to see if it works in either mode and post back.

also i am very disapointed at the AMD community for not helping you just because you have a intel board and its a AMD issue . most likeley.!

jurekk4

Thank you for yours help

I boot UEFI. I can't even boot in legacy mode. My partitions are in GPT scheme- no legacy boot for me.

[quote]i am very disapointed at the AMD community for not helping you just because you have a intel board and its a AMD issue[/quote]

What can you do... I'm disappointed too I bought 2x top of the line  RX 480 and now it's like they laugh at me that I should buy nvidia and have no problems at all.

I worked one week to get it work.

I think AMD want power users community. You know if customer is disappointed he will tell 20 others, if customer is happy he will tell 5.

jurekk4

I found solution

Uninstall AMD drivers, Reinstall Intel drivers-> restore bios to default->  Reflash bios-> install AMD drivers 16.x-> update AMD drivers to 17.x

Piece of cake.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                                    jurekk4

"->" mean I restart PC

rebelyell

all you need now is 4 more GPU's to max out that 6 Gpu setup Lmao...!!!!

jurekk4

My case is to small and ventilation not enough ofc..

Can do opencase for bitcoin

Do you know any list of new games with good crossfire support?

I tried Watch Dogs 2 (very bad),  BF1 AMD,  Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, TitanFall 2, ... all of them are very bad with CF support.

I suppose it CF should  increase framerate.

rebelyell

lol watch dogs is the game everyone uses as a example what not to do making a game. lol. bf1 is fun i love it. but crossfire isnt supported it will freeze every so many seconds.

doom runs vulkan top notch xfired.  they made it specifically for amd to run good. i play call of duty infinate warefare its very fast paced actually pretty cool. planetside 2 . i love that game just make sure you join the VS side and then join DAPP guild dapp rules the game very coordinated war.. killingfloor2 is wild if you join the modded version of the base game, just go to kfrpg.com and get on there server , and youll see some crazy sheit. loudest game ever made lol..

rebelyell

thats friggin awsome... love it when a plan falls together..

rebelyell

battlefield 4 did run xfire but i think they fukt it up and thats one of my favorites but really dont need xfire. you will need all the dlc ofcourse to have fun. same as bf1. im actually looking for a new game but they seem to all suk latley. farcry4 fukt up fallout 4 screwed up unless you like story games watch and play sometimes garbage.

rebelyell

make sure you disable chill in crimson and power efficiency. turn off surface optimization. turn tessalation to application. turn texture filtering to performance. make sure when you change settings in crimson to do a reboot then double check. once you get it setup and run games and reboot crimson gets happier. lol

rebelyell

disable relive or uninstall it..

• Re: No Option To Enable AMD CrossFire - RX 480 17.4.3.
                                                                                  amdmatt

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.