1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 9:29 AM by amdmatt

Radeon RX 460 4GB CSGO problem low fps

elmer

Hello,

I bought Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB Windforce OC. My prefvious card was AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB DDR5 256bit Powercolor and I have problem with Counter Strike Global Offensive.

Before I bought this product I read many reviews and tests. It was supposed to let me play CS:GO on High details in 1080p and +/- 100fps. Problem is that I have worse performance than it was on my old GPU. I run in on low details, 1080p and I hardly go over 100 fps (usually at the end of the round when its 1vs1 or 2vs1 situation). Normally I got 50-80fps. Sometimes its drop to 30-40.

I got fresh Windows 10 instalation after format. I installed drivers from CD attached to GPU. I also updated drivers online to latest. Im connected via displayport. My PC is:

AMD FX-8150 3600 MHz

Radeon RX 460 4GB Windforce OC 1212 MHz

Motherboard MSI 990FXA GAMING

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB

16GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

ASUS MG279Q 144hz WQHD

I read on the internet that im not first who has this problem but I couldnt find any solution.

You can find in attachment my 3D Mark test and screenshot from Radeon Software where it says AMD Freesync is not supported. Your website says something different and this card should support Freesync. Same like my monitor ASUS MG279Q.

I feel difference in-game Main Menu where my fps go high 300-500.. Previously on my old gpu it was 119 max there but when I connect to server and start game first round its go down to 50.

Can you please help me to solve this problem?

Regards

• Re: Radeon RX 460 4GB CSGO problem low fps
          amdmatt

FreeSync is supported on that GPU, please check the following.

1. FreeSync mode is set to on in your monitor OSD.

2. Your monitor OSD is set to DisplayPort 1.2 mode.

3. Windows Display Properties refresh rate is set to 35-90HZ.

For more information on configuring your monitor correctly with FreeSync refer to this link. > What is FreeSync™ Technology

Please download and run DDU and use is to remove your current driver. Update Windows 10 to the Creators Update and after this is done, please download and install Crimson 17.4.3. driver and install it.

Once you have restarted your system, navigate to Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings and set Power Efficiency to Off. Furthermore, open the Wattman tab and select Power Limit and set this value to +50% and click apply.

Run the game and see if performance has improved. Unfortunately CS:GO is very heavy on the CPU when run at low settings and this can cause poor performance in some systems.