8 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2017 2:10 PM by carnage2k4

Relive... recording indicator...

carnage2k4

Seriously?

The indicator is good to make sure that you are recording... but actually recording the indicator is not the way the software should work... Actually I'd say that's a rookie mistake.

Take a tip from Dxtory when you start recording it shows a recording FPS (in red) and/or indicator, and you can select to have it record that indicator in settings OR not... there is no point in recording the indicator.

• Re: Relive... recording indicator...
          amdmatt

Why don't you just turn it off? Just bring up the Toolbar (Alt+Z) and set it to off.

carnage2k4

Seems you've somewhat missed the point of my post amdmatt

amdmatt

You can turn the indicator () off, so you don't see it on the recording.

The only thing you can't turn off is the brief 'Now Recording' notification that pops up for a couple of seconds when you start recording.

carnage2k4

Yes, you said that in your 1st post and I'm quite aware you can turn it off, and I suggested you re-read my post as you did not understand the issue I'm speaking of.

I'm saying that the indicator should remain ON, but not be recorded in the recording, it's an indicator... it's suppose to indicate but not intrude, who in their right mind wants an indicator in the recording itself? Most people will still want to see that they are still recording, because sometimes you forget it's still going, or you've forgotten to start etc... I mean if you have to turn it off in settings just so it's not there in your final product it's pointless even having it in the 1st place.

Playclaw does not record it's indicator (but you can see it while recording).

Bandicam does not record it's indicator (but you can see it while recording).

Dxtory does not record it's indicator (but you can see it while recording).

See the pattern of other good recording software?

If AMD want to make software that is comparable to other stuff out there, they need to start including more basic features, this stuff is rudimentary.

If they are going to make a product it needs to be complete, I don't use a half finished car, I don't use a half made computer, Half a bridge is useless, if they want to make half finished software that's only defining feature is that it's build in, just don't even bother, anyone serious about recording their screen will go elsewhere for a product that does actually work they way they need/want it to.

kingfish

Why don't you use the recorder you want? You don't have to use ReLive. What did you do/use before AMD included it?

carnage2k4

Because the software itself is actually good, clean output, low FPS impact, small file size... I'd like to use Relive, but it's missing a bunch of stuff it really needs to make it worthwhile...

But whatever, this is only 1 issue with Relive, and it seems like it's not important enough for anyone to actually care, just more pointless features to add to crimson, grow the list I guess, most of it never used, but at least the list is bigger and looks good...

amdmatt

I understand, i would suggest using other recorders as I'm not sure we are going to dedicate resources to changing the behaviour of the indicator.

carnage2k4

I'm not entirely sure why resources were dedicated in the first place then... a gimmick I guess, which is sad because it actually records quite well at a featureless level (I could post a good sized list of stuff Relive needs to make it actually worth the time) the output itself is clean and there is little FPS drop... I guess it's just another thing to add the list of Crimson "features" that are only barely comparable to dedicated software.

I really don't get the point to putting time into something that is basically a shadow of what it could be while not wanting to dedicate 'quality of life' time to the software...