14 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2017 6:05 PM by staggeredsix

FX9590 Temperature ISSUE Corsair H115i

jmalukker

Hi I was wondering of you guys could help me with some Suggestions.

At this point I run a AS-Rock 970A-G/3.1 even with Liquide cooling I got some serious Temp issues.

The Socket Temp reach in Base clock more than 80 degrees until Thermal throttle. I use at this point

the Corsair H115i with Two fans at this point. (go to upgrade it too 4). But serious wondering of that will solve the

Issue. In the meanwhile I burned of at least Damaged the board since I get some rare readings sometimes, and socket temps

not always show anymore.

The Amusing think is that my Phenom X6 1090t on 1.55 on a OC of 4.2GHZ had much cooler Socket temp MAX 55.

• Re: FX9590 Temperature ISSUE Corsair H115i
          spinalfailed

You really really really shouldn't be running the 9500 series on a 970 board.  There are some that claim they support it but they really aren't designed for a 220watt CPU.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              jmalukker

The only Reason why I bought this one because it said it Support 220w CPU, even in the Manual it says that it will support the 9x series +64GB ram.

But because I was not shure of change of the Board will solve the Issue, I was asking the Question here. What Board you would advise?

I was reading about the ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z even thougt to buy that instead of the 970 but chose at the point for the AS-Rock because it`s allow 64gb ram, also i was reading that some ppl have issues with the Asus as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  whiskey-foxtrot

jmalukker The Crosshair V Formula-Z is what I ran mine on - it was at the time one of the few (or first) to actually support the 9x series. The next board was the Tuff series (2.x and up). To be honest since the CVFZ is still a bit on the high side, I would almost recommend looking at one of the R5 options. I'm sure others will have better recommendations - the above is just from hands-on experience with both the CVF-Z and the 9590.

Edit: The reason I recommended the new Ryzen R5 options is that it will almost cost as much to buy a new AM3+ board to support your 9590 as it would to get an R5 AND compatible motherboard. It may be just a tad bit more expensive as you'll also have to get memory but in the end, with the lower TDP AND more efficient/higher performance you will still end up ahead. Both in energy savings AND performance.

staggeredsix

Yeah spinal is right. There's only certain of boards that will actually run that CPU properly.  Even some 990fx boards shouldn't run it. You're going to need some serious VRMs for that puppy. I'd highly recommend under clocking the chip down to like 4.5 and dropping the voltage in order to make sure it doesn't asplode the chip or the board. I know this from experience. That's why I have two 9590s. One is roasted from a motherboard that couldnt take the beating.

benman2785

MSI 990FXA-GD65 or GD80; Gigabyte 990FX-Gaming; ASUS Crosshair V Formula

these are the ONLY boards i would use with the 9590

jmalukker
                    1. Just want to give a slight update on the Situation. The main Tip to change to a 990 Chipset solved actually my Issue with temperatures. I chose the Gigabyte 990FX Gaming, but only because you preferred Boards where’d available here anymore. However it still solved the Temperature Issue. The down clock for the time been was help a bit but still was on the edge. My average Package temp is now around 35 under full load around the 50. Still you also right I should safe the Money for the R7 1800. Instead I now have 3 working liquid cooler lol.
                      benman2785

apply better thermal paste - i use "Arctic Silver 5"

1. clean Cooler and CPU with Alc or "ArtiClean Thermal Remover"

2. let both dry for 30min

3. apply "Arctic Silver 5" or any other good thermal paste

4. let it "burn" - 30min light load - then 2h prime95

temps should be fixed...