I've had multiple "drivers stopped responding and has recovered" issues for many games and occasional BSOD's with "stop 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys" errors.
Some games doesn't have sound like Fallout 4, This war of mine and Metro 2033 redux, I have reinstall all of them and verified game caches with no luck.
Iv'e done plenty of "fixes" (se below) and i'm out of ideas. Is the card failing?
Win 7 64bit
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower (MS-7751)
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB
1920 x 1080 HDMI cable
What i've done so far(not in order)
- Uninstalled and made a clean install using radeon-crimson-relive-16.12.2
- Used DDU in safe mode and a clean install using radeon-crimson-relive-16.12.2
- SFC.exe/scannow with no errors
- Expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys using this guide: FIX BSOD ATI Blue screen on atikmdag.sys solved fix - Guru3D.com Forums
- Disabled hardware acceleration
- Furmark stress test for 20 min and no problems
- Temperature is around 30°C (86°F) idle and 60-66°C (140-150°F) underload and I got same results during Furmark.
- Updated Bios, realtek and DirectX and did all the above once again
- TDR fix using this guide Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered....TDR fix
- HDD error search in win7