- GPU: XFX RS RX 480 8GB
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- Driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.12.2
- Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" 1920x1080 DP Port 144 Hz (Freesync)
- Mainboard: MSI B150m VDH Pro
- CPU: Intel i5 6500 Skylake
- CPU Fan: Cooler Master Evo 212
- PSU: Corsair CX-650M W Bronze
- RAM: 2x8GB 2133 Mhz Corsair Value Select
I built my new desktop two days ago. Each piece is brand new and I had crashing problems while I'm playing CS:GO. Then, I decided to test my GPU to see if there's something wrong.
I've tested my GPU performance with the Heaven Unigine Benchmark 4.0 at settings below:
95% of the tests resulted in crash with random color screen (depends on the scene). I haven't seen the temperature of the GPU goes over 60 C degrees before crashes. The CPU temp. is around 45 C as well. No overheating.
The problem occurs when I turn on AA settings to 2x not even 8x. If I disable the AA it may not crash.
You can check 27 second sample crash video from the link below:
I'm listing the things I've made to see if the results change, however nothing changed. Still getting random color crashes that need a hard restart.
- Deleting and reinstalling drivers to different versions (16.7.2 , 17.1.1 and now using 16.12.2)
- Changing RAM slots and amount (now on 2nd and 4th DIMM)
- Changing the power cord
- Changing the power extension
- Removing and reinstalling GPU
- Removing mouse and keyboard (they are the only pieces that's not new : ) )
You can also find my Wattman Settings haven't changed anything so far.
I'd be glad to hear your ideas to solve my problem.