2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 7:10 AM by annastasya

Radeon Crimson ReLive 16.12.x install Failure on Windows 10 x64

annastasya

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • AMD R9 295X2 8GB
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop Floor tower (Corsair Obsidian 900D)
      • Operating System
        • Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64, 10.0.14393
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 (Partial)
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung UN46B8000XF HDTV on PC HDMI input @ 1920x1080p
      • Motherboard
        • ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
      • CPU/APU
        • AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor, 4716 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

• Corsair AX1500i 1500W Digitally controlled PSU

• RAM
        • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Describe your issue:

When attempting to upgrade to any "ReLive" version of the Radeon driver software I get a failure on all software components other than the video and HDMI audio drivers, those install correctly but all other elements are removed and fail to reinstall (on both clean and normal installs). I am able to force the individual components to install by installing the packages manually however the Radeon software does not register that the "AMD Radeon Settings", "Application Profiles" or "AMD PRW" are actually installed though Windows shows that they are and on manual re-installation the AMD installer offers repair of the already installed software. On installation attempts through normal installer software the log simply states "Failed" with no additional information for troubleshooting. Although I can technically get the software to install by forcing the individual packages to install manually they do not register correctly when installed outside of the intended automatic installation package. I have had this issue since the first ReLive version of the software. Any ideas on what is causing the installation failure and how to overcome it is greatly appreciated.

• Re: Radeon Crimson ReLive 16.12.x install Failure on Windows 10 x64
          redfury

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 or 16.12.2 driver Windows 10 (64-bit)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Radeon Crimson ReLive 16.12.x install Failure on Windows 10 x64
              annastasya

@RedFury  Thanks so much for the reply! I have to admit I was a little nervous running a software nuke. When I went to uninstall the apps I got an error (1307 I think?) that said it had the wrong drive. It was trying to use my NAS server storage instead of "C" which reminded me of another thingy that had helped on AMD software installs a while back, using "net use" to setup the mapped drive. So I did that, which let me get past the uninstall error. I then booted into Safeboot, dropped the nuke and restarted. Before running the driver install again I used the "net use" to setup the NAS mapping that had helped when AMD had given me trouble uninstalling the software (only AMD of course...) and then ran the fresh install of AMD software 16.12.2. I had already done a complete uninstall and reinstall prior but not with the Nuke'm ("Shake it baby!" - DN) that you pointed me to. The install went through without any issues (that I know of). That being said, I will let you know if my PC catches fire and a plane falls on my house tomorrow. =-Þ Now its on to figure out why Windows stopped detecting my power supply as a USB device. hehe