6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 7:48 AM by klstrike

First PC Build with the Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB. AMD Driver Issues? Need Help!

klstrike

System -

AMD Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC 4GB (AMD)

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Driver version installed: Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 (Release Date / 12/8/2016)

Display Devices:  AOC G2460VQ6 24" Full HD 75Hz 1ms FreeSync Gaming Monitor

Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-H

CPU: Intel Core i3 6100 Dual Core LGA 1151 3.70 GHz CPU Processor

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage: Seasonic S12II-520 520W 80+ Bronze Power Supply

RAM: 8 GB

My Issue -

Yesterday I began building my first PC and after installing Windows 10, the motherboard drivers, and my AMD drivers everything appeared fine until I downloaded Starcraft II to test weather my graphics were working properly. Upon launch the application froze and i guess it 'crashed', after this incident my monitor experiences constant flickering randomly to a black screen. After that it reads "Defult Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to a unexpected system failure." from the action center.

Apart from Starcraft II I have been mainly downloading and using the game Unturned on Steam as a game to test if graphics works as I attempted to troubleshoot. On all these games generally the settings have been kept on LOW quality.

Since yesterday I have tried the following -

Check to Windows updates and install them

Use DDU (and safemode) to uninstall all AMD drivers and reinstall

Install previous AMD drivers and hotfixes

Searched around Google for potential fixes

Attempted to disable FreeSync on in Radeon Settings(seems to be no way to disable on monitor)

Ensured the Graphics card was inserted properly in terms of hardware(being my first experience building)

After those steps the flickering usually persists and after checking windows events it appears the errors source from driver issues from AMD. Unturned when tested by being opened will always proceed to a white screen. Additionally the Radeon Settings will always 'stop working'

Note: not heavily experienced in Troubleshooting be specific please.