4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2016 10:20 AM by rakeshbro

(Problem Solved After A Clean Windows 10 Installation) XFX RX 480 GTR Black Driver Not Installing. PC Restart During Installation

rakeshbro

Yesterday I've got my brand new XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition GPU With A New Thermaltake 730w Power supply.

My Previous Gpu was Nvidia GT630 2GB. I've uninstalled the Nvidia Driver then removed that Nvidia Gpu from motherboard(Also used ddu), And Insert/Installed my new AMD Card. Then I went to AMD website to get the latest driver which is "whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.2-sep29" After that I've tried to install the driver but during the installation of the AMD Driver when the process was near 16-22 percent pc just crash/restart, I've tried to install that driver a several times but failed Then tried to install "non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.11.3-nov8" Result was same. The graphics driver just failed to install and pc restart during installation. After that I've also tried to install the driver from the dvd that came with the GPU. Still a big nope from the installer. It was completely disappointing for me, And was talking to myself that why I didn't ordered the GTX 1060. After wasting the whole night.... today I've found a tutorial on YouTube and then finally installed an old gpu driver which is "radeon-crimson-16.6.2-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit_2" on my pc. Thx to Kios Komputer for that tutorial.

My question is now what's the problem here that stopping me from installing the gpu driver on Windows 10? And so now I can't just install the latest GPU Driver ever?

EDIT :

I've reinstalled Windows 10, Then installed the driver from dvd then updated the driver using "whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.2-sep29". Well driver installed fine on a clean Windows 10. But I am still curious to know why the drivers was not installing before, As I've completely removed Nvidia Drivers and also used ddu to make sure all the junks are completely removed !

Glad Finally I've finally successfully installed the latest AMD driver on my pc.

My PC Spec :

Windows 10 Enterprise,

MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard,

AMD FX 6300 CPU

8 GB Ram DDR3,

1 TB HDD,

Thermaltake 730w Power supply,

XFX RX 480 GTR Black.