• Visiontek Fury X
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 19.11.2
      • Display Devices
        • ASUS VG248QE 144hz 24", connected with in-spec Accell Displayport cable
      • Motherboard
        • MSI Mpower Z97
      • CPU/APU
        • intel i7-4790k at stock
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • EVGA G2 750W
      • RAM
        • 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Brand-new Visiontek Fury X is overheating because the fans will not go higher than 20% with the Radeon software. The fan starts at 15%, and will not go over 20% no matter what load the card is put on. Temp gets to 83c, then the power control throttles the card to 300mhz (which makes all games stuttery and unplayable).
      • This happens on all Driver versions from 16.7.3 (the earliest I've tested) to current hotfix of 16.11.2
      • Ruled out hardware issue by installing MSI Afterburner which lets me set a custom fan curve and keeps temperatures below 63c under the same load as the attached screenshot.
      • have troubleshooted with Visiontek directly, who after exhausting other options pointed me to contact AMD directly
      • All games, applications such as 3DMark
      • Settings in Radeon Overdrive only show up to a 75c temp target, and no option for 'auto' on the fan profile (the difference came up while troubleshooting with Visiontek)
      • attached are a HWiNFO64 screenshot from running 3DMark when the temp got to 83c, and a screenshot of the Radeon Overdrive settings.