5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 5:28 PM by pparrot

Drivers crash irreparably as screen tears itself apart with most Video Streams on most browsers

pparrot

I've already sent this through a support ticket about a month ago now, and I got no real answers or solutions out of it.

The setup is a Sapphire R9 280X going to an Asus VG248 (144 Hz) on Windows 7 64 bit

The problem started appearing in June of this year after a driver update and started to affect most video-type media applications during the various jump in driver releases, including Media Player Classic Home Cinema (but at the same time, not VLC) and Youtube and various other video-streaming sites on both Chrome and Firefox. Notably, the ticket I sent was because the drivers started causing the same problem but, for the first time then, it could be reversed by stopping the media that was playing and closing the source quickly enough (in that case, the PlayTV client)

The problem with the latest released drivers (16.9.2) seems to occur on both Firefox and Chrome by trying to open any twitter page that contains video media, quite reliably compared to previous experiences.

The problem itself is that the drivers stop working as they should (but not crash completely) and the displayed image turn into a bunch of phased horizontal lines of what should actually be displayed. This appears to happen when switching from a fullscreen application (most notably, Overwatch) and shows up briefly after opening up Firefox for the first time after an update (happened 7 times now), but in both of those cases it is rather fast and not really covering the screen completely.

Attached are two examples of the problem.

I will try and do a clean reinstall of the latest drivers, but considering the problem has been going on for almost 5 months now on almost a dozen driver releases, I do not have any hope that it will solve anything at all.

Thanks for any help you can provide.