7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 9:23 PM by astrix_au

Can't get Freesync to work in the game IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad (DX9)

astrix_au

Hi,

I have a BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144hz Freesync monitor. Freesync works amazing with every other game except IL-2 Sturmovik Battle Of Stalingrad, there is an extreme amount of tearing while Freesync should be working.

The game is a DX9 title and I would really love it to work. Using trackIR the tearing can ruin the immersion as you are constantly scanning around from inside the cockpit of the plane and it's not as smooth as it should be because Freesync isn't working.

I tried Vsync worked ok on my smaller monitor but I couldn't get it to be stable on the Benq Freesync as the frame can drop and just didn't seem right at all. On my Samsung 22" non Freesync it locked my FPS to 75 which I have the Samsung monitor overclocked to but on the Benq with the higher resolution it can't just lock on a FPS, not sure if Vsync isn't working properly on my Benq XL2730Z either.

I have tried all the latest drivers and none of them seem to work, it might look like it's working for a second but then it just starts tearing like crazy all this while my FPS is around 75-100fps so it should work perfectly.

Is there any chance you guys can get Freesync to work with this DX9 tittle please?

I also use reshade to sharpen up the game a little and add some colour and contrast.

Specs:

Crimson 16.9.1 - Tried all previous drivers and Freesync doesn't work with this game only

Windows 10 64bit

i7 4770K

Asus Maximus VI Formula

MSI R9 Fury X

Samsung 840EVO 500GB OS

Benq XL2730Z

TrackIR 5

Reshade Assistant (used in IL-2 BOS)