1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2016 3:30 AM by el_froggo

r9 270x black screen

el_froggo

The card came with Catalyst drivers originally, which black screened a lot. When I updated to Crimson drivers the black screen mostly went away. Now, after last update, it is back and happening every day

It didn't even happen every day with the old Catalyst drivers. Back then, it was every time I played a game that used a lot of GPU then closed the game the screen would get stuck blank within a day or two and always while the computer is idle. I updated to Crimson and the problem mostly went away(it still happened but not very often.) Now that I have the new update 16.7.3 my computer gets stuck on black screen while idle every day even if I played no games.

This is a very bad problem, it always happens when I am away from the computer and the computer cannot control it's fan speeds or CPU clock while locked up. It just sits there heating up for hours until I get back! Rebooting after playing games used to ensure this wouldn't happen, but now it just happens every day!

• Re: r9 270x black screen
          el_froggo

This just keeps getting worse.

It's gone black screen on me twice in the past 12 hours and just a few minutes ago I was just watching youtube and the screen turned into a bunch of black boxes with gray outlines and the audio went crazy. This stupid card has been a complete waste of time for me. My computer used to stay on for months and now I'm forced to reboot all the freakin' time. Everything in this computer is new! New PSU, motherboard, RAM, SSD, the video card is the oldest part! And I'm starting to suspect it's what killed my old motherboard and forced me to get all these new parts.