16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2017 8:54 AM by slafniy

Freesync Brightness Flicker

boomshard

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with Freesync where I see brightness flickering only when the Freesync is enabled.

Specs:

OS - Windows 10 64-bit

GPU - XFX R9 290 Double Dissipation

GPU Driver version - Catalyst 16.7.3

Monitor - ViewSonic XG2401

I experience this issue no matter what I'm doing (gaming, web browsing, working, etc...), but it's usually more pronounced when gaming.

I've uploaded a video to drop box for reference purposes. It's a scene from World of Warcraft, and I believe it's easiest to see the issue if looking at the upper right hand corner of the screen, above the two windows on the building. The issue is noticeable throughout the length of the video intermittently, and can be see on all areas of the screen, but I think the most pronounced and easier to see flicker occurs around 41 seconds and can easily be seen in that top right corner of the screen. You may want to turn up the brightness on your monitor to ensure you can see it, as the video quality isn't the best.

Link to video below:

Dropbox - Freesync_Enabled.mp4

I'm also working with ViewSonic on the issue, but due to other places around the internet where I've seen this issue, and the fact that brightness flicker is addressed in AMD driver patch notes, I believe it to be a problem on AMD's side, and would like to know what I can do to resolve this issue, or when I can expect it to be resolved in a driver update.

Thanks