AnsweredAssumed Answered

Measurement of temperature under Ubuntu

Question asked by bozsikarmand on Jul 11, 2016

Hi!

Would you please help me to find the proper way to determine CPU temperature under Ubuntu 16.04?

I sometimes check my UEFI at boot (on an ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0) and the I can see various values (3x-4x °C) according to the outside temperature but this is a reasonable set of data so I can believe it since the application I use under Windows 10 (AIDA) shows almost the same temperatures. In this program I can see the cpu temp (which is about 3x-4x °C) and the core temp of my FX-8320 which is about 10-20 °C.

Under Ubuntu as a cpu temperature I can only read the core temp value (tried with lm-sensors and psensors as well) or something similar to that.

To see the differences I've drawn a graph under Windows from the core temp values of aida under the same load and compared it with psensors values. They are almost identical in terms of temperature, but a better way of measurement would be nice.

I would like to ask if there is a better way to check the temperature or is there a mathematical formula whereby I can calculate from core temp the "real" one (displayed in UEFI and under Windows).

Thanks,

Armand

Outcomes