Alrighty, I have been told that more information is needed, so I'll go through a list given and give as much as I can. Take notice, this was NOT a problem 2½-3 months ago, I don't have the exact time due to a new born taking all the attention. This feels as if the device runs at higher speed than it is needed to. Checked HW Monitor, and it is running at maximum RPM with a temp. of about 30-50 celciuis. This doesn't seem right, nor needed. Something wrong with the current AMD Radeon Crimson Setting 16.3.2 driver?
Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- AMD Radeon R7 240 Dual (2 gb)
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Desktop, HP Pavilion 500 PC Series
- Operating System
- Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit
- Driver version installed
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2
- Display Devices
- HP, HP 2009v 1600x600 @60hz VGA to DVI
- MSI Orchid 2-S
- AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C + 6G
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- N/A 180 Watt
- N/A 180 Watt
- 8 GB DDR3
Describe your issue:
- Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
- Cleaned out the computer - No positive result.
- Cleaned out the graphics card unit and checked the fan - No positive result.
- Re-installing drivers (Not 100% clean install) - No positive result.
- Manually adjust fanspeed according to temperature, 20-35% without mechanical sound, 35-45 50/50 result, 44-70% mechanical loud, 71-100% sounding like a computer should when needing such high speeds.
- Re-installed Windows 10 - No positive result.
- Sent unit to repair, returned with a new graphics card, factory settings of driver (MS-Driver) - No mechanical sound, but reduced performance.
- Clean installation of newest Radeon Crimson Settings - Performance increase, but mechanical sound returned.
- AMD Uninstallation tool used for 100% clean installing - No positive result.
- Back to manually adjustment of fanspeed.
- N/A this is hardware, the card operating its games fine with the driver, but not without. This device makes loud noise from the fan no matter what program or not is in. As soon as the device operates above 35%, the mechanical sound appears. This wasn't a problem 2-3 months ago, now it is. Same problem now experienced on secondary unit, as games were lagging due to Windows standard Driver, changed to AMD driver for better performance, but mechanical fan sound appearing.
- Further note: There is no overclocking or the likes.