4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 3:27 PM by argagax

Installed a graphics driver, no sound in speakers

argagax

I have a Radeon HD 5450, Windows 7 64 bit, and installed graphics driver "non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27".
      But first, last week I installed a different version (from August 2015), more about that below.

Now the sound doesn't work - but only in speakers (that are in my TV screen), the headphones are fine.

I searched for others with this problem, saw something about getting into the sound control panel and changing the audio device to an earlier version. I did, and it worked, and I could switch back between TV and headphones without a problem. That was last weekend. Then I don't know what happened, but I changed to speakers/TV again, left for a few days, and started the computer again yesterday. Sound doesn't work on speakers, no matter what I do.

I uninstalled the first graphics driver, hoping it would just go back to normal, but it was made worse and my widescreen TV became 800x600 pixels. O_o Still no sound.
      So I installed a different graphics driver, a file I had saved from last weekend but not used (the one listed above), and while the rest is back to normal... still. no. sound.

Updating the audio devices to the latest update doesn't work, neither does resetting them to an earlier version, which worked before.