7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 6:33 PM by anastasopoulosnikolaos@yahoo.gr

Two R7 370 cards -One Mobo.

gr8audioguy

I am trying to use two R7 370 cards into an Intel DP67BG Motherboard. Even though both seem happy in the BIOS, one is showing a yellow exclamation point in the Windows 7 device manager. What am I missing or is it not possible to use two cards in one system?

• Re: Two R7 370 cards -One Mobo.
          goodplay

Crossfire bridge ?. 

brianvd2

You might need to reinstall the latest driver, next to that you need to check in your bios if your pcie2 slot is running in atleast x4 speed.

(x8 speed for both pcie1 and pcie2 is the best config as far as I know)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              bigcee

What power supply and memory are you using?  Post your full system hardware specs.  Are you running at stock clocks or do you have an overclock on?  Do both the 370's have sufficient power through your power suppy?  What is the amperage on your 12v rail?

gr8audioguy

Thanks very much for helping on this issue. The machine has an I3 2700 cpu, 16gb ddr3 memory, 500gb hd, Intel DP67BG motherboard with one 400 watt power supply powering it and one 800 watt supply powering the two R7 370 cards. Fresh install of Windows 7 with no other hardware or software that could be causing a conflict. It is a dedicated flight simulator that I was running with two Geforce 430 cards. The system ran fine with the two geforce cards installed except for MS Flight Simulator X, where there were random BSOD's - but only in FSX. I got the two R7 cards to hopefully solve that issue and be able to connect another two monitors.  Neither card came with a crossfire cable so I haven't considered that, but I ordered one this morning.

bigcee

How is it that you have two power supplies in the system?  This sounds cool!

gr8audioguy

I ran across a rack mount chassis at a junk sale a while back - it's 4 spaces high and at least 20 inches deep. It was a dedicated video editing device from the standard def days. I gutted it and loaded a decent mobo but rather than spring for a new 1200 watt PS, I just used the two that I had on hand and it all fits! Actually, I may have solved the original problem I had here. All of a sudden the second R7 card started working without help from me. I don't know what changed but it worked for a week or so then the same card that was not being detected in the dev mgr stopped outputting anything at all and is now on the way to the repair shop. Looks like it was a flaky R7 out of the box but I won't know for sure till it comes back. Thanks everyone for the help!

anastasopoulosnikolaos@yahoo.gr

you cant do it without crossfire cable.try  to enable crossfire at the crimson menu check it to set on.maybe its off the switch