5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 6:48 AM by hammadkhan

FPS drops

hammadkhan

Hey guys, I'm currently running games on my notebook, HP Elitebook 8560p, the system specifications are listed below:

-Core i5 2520m 2.5 2.5ghz

-AMD Radeon 7400M series

-4 GB ram

I'm running Crimson drivers. Well, from previous two weeks, I'm experiencing FPS drops. Games run perfect for 10-15 minutes but then it starts fps drops for 5-10 seconds. This happen after every 10 seconds. I've tried many solutions but none worked. The list of games I'm experiencing fps drops are:

- Battlefield 3

- Battlefield 4

- Metal Gear Solid V(my pc is lower than minimum, but it runs perfect for 10 minutes when game is launched)

- Pro Evolution Soccer 16.

I tried the following things:

- Installed Windows 10 from Windows 7.

- Crimson Edition drivers

- Disabled Superfetch/whatever

- Unparked Cores

- Changed power settings

- Turned off ULPS

- Tried running on minimum settings

I'm really worried about this, I hope my card is not damaged as it's not been 1 year since I bought this notebook. Would be really appreciated if you guys help me out of this trouble.

Thanks.

• Re: FPS drops
          amdmatt

What has changed on your system in the last two weeks to cause this? Have you updated your drivers? If you have, try using Windows System Restore to regain performance.

Use HWINFO64 to monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures, one of the components in your system could be getting warm and reducing the clock speed to prevent damage.

hammadkhan

I did not do or update anything that can cause FPS drops. Although, this FPS drops were first caused in PES 2016 in Windows 7 when I had Catalyst drivers.

I'll try to monitor from the software you just provided, I'll come and inform you soon.

Thanks.

hammadkhan

Radeon - Album on Imgur

I've took some screenshots of your provided software, however, I remember one change I've made.

I'm run my laptop WITHOUT the battery, like a PC, I just plug in the adapter and run it, is that the reason which is causing drops? I noticed an update of Crimson drivers, it includes of Vulkan and when I searched up about it, they state that it lowers CPU usage and makes the game higher for performance.

I would really appreciate another reply from you so I can fix my problem.