1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 9:13 AM by majorstar

AMD Catalst installer will not install Graphics and HDMI audio drivers.

teecee

Getting the error "Driver Install: Windows version does not support this operation" in the log.

Thumping "Update driver software" in Device Manager and pointing it at C:\AMD updates perfectly though. A quick read of MS TechNet reveals that this error is produced when one or more of the prerequisites set in the installer by the third-party packager is not satisfied. Any chance of a list of these so I can work out what's up here?

There appears to be a few places this question's been asked over the years but, as far as I can make out, nobody's ever come up with an answer bar a Windows reinstall which, since everything else works just fine, I'm not inclined to do.

Incidently, the update process has worked well up until fairly recently. I've already tried a full DDU remove and reinstall from scratch (which doesn't).

XFX Radeon 390.

MSI 970 Gaming

AMD FX-8370

Win 10 x64 Pro

• Re: AMD Catalst installer will not install Graphics and HDMI audio drivers.
          majorstar

When I ran the 16.62 install on my Win10 x64/R9 280x system I constantly got a Fail on both the Display and HDMI Audio driver installation with the error that Windows version does not support this operation. I see teecee above has this same issue. I was able to manually install the Display driver but the installer program won't do it. Need to know what the problem is here.

XFX Radeon R9 280x

EVGA Z87 Stinger

Intel i7-4790

Win 10 x64