6 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 8:25 AM by fsadough

Video Wall software and hardware help

joeremainz

HI

May I start at the beginning with help designing a video wall PC?

I am building a 5 screen wide projection that needs to be frame synchronised.

So one of your six port cards might be perfect.

What I dont know is what will be playing this media across the outputs.

Does Eyefinity do this?

I very much hope to play either 1 x 9600 1080 60p or 5x 1920 1080 60p files synchronised somehow.

And also importantly is the quality of the output compression. Ideally low to no compression from TIF/TGA sequence etc and 4 channel sound.

Where can I learn more about what can do this in terms of hardware and  software?

really appreataite any help

thanks lot

Joe

ps I already use Brightsigns but the compression rate is not good enough for this project

I have looked at Watchout systems but they will come in a $25k+ to do this.

etc etc

• Re: Video Wall software and hardware help
          amdmatt

Adding our Firepro expert fsadough.

fsadough

It all depends what you will be displaying and what application you will be using. If you use MST Hub or Daisy Chain monitors, then you can even select a FirePro W5100 or W7100 with 4 outputs. If money is an issue, just try a FirePro W600 and see if you are happy with performance.

joeremainz

Hi and thanks

My quiery is about what application and hardware I should run to make a video wall?

You site says "AMD FirePro™ W600 professional graphics is the ideal solution for powering display walls"

But it doesnt say anything about what software does this or what other hardware to use. It just says you can use eyefinity which Im sure is not what I will use to run a video wall.

So again please "Where can I learn more about what can do this in terms of hardware and software?"

All my online research takes me to hardware based  server systems which are not using your hardware and do not want me to buy your products but theirs.

I also said what I want to play above.

thanks Joe

fsadough

Hi Joe,

To create video wall, all you need is a supported hardware and the feature "Eyefinity" in the AMD FirePro Software Suite will create the Single Large Surface for you. Using a W600 you will be able to create a 6x1 or 3x2 or in your case 5x1 large screen. The question is what you are planning to do once the video wall is created.

joeremainz

HI

Maybe Im not being clear.

I want to do what I said above.

"I very much hope to play either 1 x 9600 1080 60p or 5x 1920 1080 60p files synchronised somehow.

And also importantly is the quality of the output compression. Ideally low to no compression from TIF/TGA sequence etc and 4 channel sound.

Where can I learn more about what can do this in terms of hardware and  software?

"

For you perhaps the video wall is just to show a desktop but for me and Im assuming everyone else that also means showing moving videos!

There is not much point in buying your hardware if I cannot find out what software can do what Im asking and what your company claims it is used for.

Are you able to help with what software plays video as requested on multiple screens on your hardware?

If you are not able to point me in the right direction then please just say so.

thanks Joe