AnsweredAssumed Answered

Stuttering in every game with MSI 390x

Question asked by person on Apr 24, 2016
Latest reply on May 2, 2016 by ccarps

I purchased a MSI 390x graphics card (MSI Radeon R9 390X DirectX 12 R9 390X GAMING 8G 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ATX Vide… ) and since then, I have experienced stuttering in every game that I have played. Every few seconds, the game freezes for about .25-.5 seconds, and it's incredibly annoying. I have read many forums and similar questions online but am yet to find a definitive solution. I am using MSI Afterburner to have the fans always running, I have "Enable unified GPU usage monitoring" enabled, and in every game I play, I have toggled basically every graphical setting. I have experienced this issue in Team Fortress 2, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, Titan Quest, and Grim Dawn. I have 12GB of 1600 MHz RAM and an AMD 8350 CPU. I upgraded from an NVIDIA GTX 460 where I never experienced similar issues in any of the aforementioned games, so I am fairly certain the problem is with the card or the drivers. Has anyone found a solution for this seemingly pervasive problem yet? I recently upgraded drivers and that still did not fix it.

Outcomes