1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2016 9:57 AM by ccarps

Stuttering in every game with MSI 390x

person

I purchased a MSI 390x graphics card (MSI Radeon R9 390X DirectX 12 R9 390X GAMING 8G 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ATX Vide… ) and since then, I have experienced stuttering in every game that I have played. Every few seconds, the game freezes for about .25-.5 seconds, and it's incredibly annoying. I have read many forums and similar questions online but am yet to find a definitive solution. I am using MSI Afterburner to have the fans always running, I have "Enable unified GPU usage monitoring" enabled, and in every game I play, I have toggled basically every graphical setting. I have experienced this issue in Team Fortress 2, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, Titan Quest, and Grim Dawn. I have 12GB of 1600 MHz RAM and an AMD 8350 CPU. I upgraded from an NVIDIA GTX 460 where I never experienced similar issues in any of the aforementioned games, so I am fairly certain the problem is with the card or the drivers. Has anyone found a solution for this seemingly pervasive problem yet? I recently upgraded drivers and that still did not fix it.

• Re: Stuttering in every game with MSI 390x
          ccarps

I have the Sapphire Nitro 390 and have the same issue in every game. I have never had the buttery smooth gameplay that you see with nvidia cards and it makes me sad I'm not sure if AMD has completely figured out how to fix the stuttering issue as they didn't even know their cards stuttered until 2013. I've tried all the things: turned off sound, reformatted, used radeonpro, radeontweak (or wtvr its called), overclocked, the works! Its been this way in every AMD/ATi card I have ever known.