3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 1:45 AM by xacid9

R9 390 - AMD APP?

wyliec2

I have video converter software that has an option for GPU acceleration.  That option is greyed-out indicating that it requires AMD APP (Accelerated Parallel Processing) to be installed in order to offload some of the workload to the GPU.  I can find references to AMD APP with older AMD GPUs but not for R9 series.

I am currently on Crimson 16.3.2.  I'm not sure if the reference to AMD APP is outdated and no longer relevant??  Is there a place to download AMD APP and does it apply to an R9 390??

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!!

• Re: R9 390 - AMD APP?
          xacid9

Which video converter software? Is it using the deprecated VCE?

• Re: R9 390 - AMD APP?
              wyliec2

It's Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.  The version is dated 6/15/2015.  The Help dialogue states:

Pavtube software applications now take full advantage of the NVIDIA CUDA technology and AMD ® Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) to largely accelerate video encoding speed. The GPU acceleration saves users time when transcoding/converting/ripping video files from one format to another by using H.264 codec. With a PC running on a CUDA-enabled Graphics card, or an AMD graphics card with AMD APP technology, the conversion speed of Pavtube software is about 6X faster than before.

Links on the Pavtube support site just take me to the AMD Support/Download pages which seems to be a dead end.