AnsweredAssumed Answered

Poor system performance

Question asked by carpe375 on Mar 13, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 by x_tream_us

I've never really reached out for help before but I've been having some performance issues on some newer games.  I'm not sure if it's an issue  with hardware or if I just need to find that sweet spot for the settings.  I currently have an FX 8320, Sapphire R9 290x OC 4gb, 8gb Ram DDR3, and the ASROCK 970 Pro3 R2.0.  I've noticed it in Battlefield 3 and 4, as well as some slow spots in Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 is near unplayable.  I tend to run things on high but only at 1080p settings so I'm not really trying to push it to the extreme.  Witcher 3 I tend to leave at medium knowing how those games are designed.  I'm just wondering if anyone on here has some tips I can do to try and find out what is causing the issues and hopefully fix them.  I really don't want to go and buy a whole new build because I will probably switch to Nvidia/Intel since my buddy never has issues like this.  I just know I can get more out of my system with these specs because I see the videos all the time online of people running them without a hitch.  Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes