8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 9:15 PM by x_tream_us

Poor system performance

carpe375

I've never really reached out for help before but I've been having some performance issues on some newer games.  I'm not sure if it's an issue  with hardware or if I just need to find that sweet spot for the settings.  I currently have an FX 8320, Sapphire R9 290x OC 4gb, 8gb Ram DDR3, and the ASROCK 970 Pro3 R2.0.  I've noticed it in Battlefield 3 and 4, as well as some slow spots in Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 is near unplayable.  I tend to run things on high but only at 1080p settings so I'm not really trying to push it to the extreme.  Witcher 3 I tend to leave at medium knowing how those games are designed.  I'm just wondering if anyone on here has some tips I can do to try and find out what is causing the issues and hopefully fix them.  I really don't want to go and buy a whole new build because I will probably switch to Nvidia/Intel since my buddy never has issues like this.  I just know I can get more out of my system with these specs because I see the videos all the time online of people running them without a hitch.  Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Poor system performance
          solid

could you tell us more about your pc specs? Psu? overclocking? os? drivers?

carpe375

I run on Windows 10 64 bit

No over clocking, the FX 8320 is 3.5ghz,

I try to keep all drivers up to date when I reinstall the OS which I did about 2 months ago.

Thermaltake Smart Standard 750W 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V 2.3 Power Supply SP-750P this is the power supply

Video Card

• 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5
              • Core Clock 1040MHz
              • 2 x DVI-D 1 x HDMI 1 x DisplayPort
              • 2816 Stream Processors
              • PCI Express 3.0
              • Drivers are up to date according to Raptr

I really appreciate the response I will keep checking back if you want more information

zealotki11er

Was it always performing poorly? 290X will crush 1080p in BF3/BF4 and Witcher 3.

I would personally check the thermals of the PC. If thermals are good then remove drivers and install the latest version.

Most of the time a clean install of Windows/Driver will fix software related problems.

solid

If it is possible, try to use an other power supply with your system, sometimes power supplies have issues that don't really show them (I recently had an issue like that with a smart series Thermaltake). Also, if you can, try your card to another pc to rule out the possibility of a defective card

carpe375

Just wanted to say thanks for the responses.  It looks like there was an issue with drivers somewhere.  I'm leaning towards my headset's surround sound driver since that is the only thing I did not reinstall after my last format.  I am proud to say that so far though I have played Witcher fort several hours straight without even a hiccup in the frame rate.

skyrimnord74

Ever since updating to driver 16.3.1, my Fury X performance has went in the toilet. I was getting good Firestrike scores, now they are pitiful. Uninstalled, cleaned out all remnants of the drivers and reinstalled 16.3.1 No fix, performance is still bad. I seems like Fury X performance gets worse with each new driver.

solid

I' ve also experienced performance issues during gaming, after updating to 16.3.1, probably because of the plays.tv which was recording my gaming session... I'm not really sure if that was the case, but dissabling the gaming evolved app, increased perfoemance.

x_tream_us

there is something wrong with youre system, i suggest before go madly buy random stuff try: reset bios (be sure to reset the correct one if u have dual-bios), unplug everything except mouse keyboard monitor and power (just for the sake of testing) then reinstall windows (format the drive if you can) then install latest drivers (also don't apply any sort of oc or anything else) after that be sure to install all the versions of visual c++ redist, net framework , directx (9c even if ur windows have 11) then try the games, if this persists ur system is damaged or ur HDD is almost dead... i have an i3-2100 (old as f...) 12gb of ram and an Radeon R9 270X (from Sapphire) 2Gb and i run battlefield 3 on the most ultra settings on 1080p and i have 50-70fps constant (my cpu is is kinda bottlenecking) i can't speak about bf4 or the witcher since i don't own them