4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 2:53 AM by amdmatt

Graphic card R9 M275 Problems!!!!

soulscythe

Hello everyone!! I have a laptop Lenovo Y40-80 and recently i have a problem with its graphic card driver which is R9 M275.  I have already tried all type of driver but none of them seems to work with my graphic card. it will just stop working when I open a game and that's it, it will stuck until I close the game. I also have tried to format my laptop and upgrade it to windows 10( before this it was Windows 8.1 single language) but the problem is still there. What should I do to fix this because I don't know what to do with it anymore!? This is my last hope (other than sending it to repair shop ofc). Thank you for your help!!!

*The pic below is my laptops specs

• Re: Graphic card R9 M275 Problems!!!!
          amdmatt

Please try the steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.3 drivers once the above is completed.

okamiwolf144

I have had this problem for 3 weeks now. 4 WEEKS. I DID NOT PURCHASE AN EXPENSIVE GAMING LAPTOP ONLY FOR IT TO NOT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ANY 3D GAMES. I have this said issue with my drivers but with an exception to 2D games such as Don't Starve, osu!, and others. I have tried every single fix out there for this driver issue including all of these and still, NOT A SINGLE FIX WORKS. I'm about to throw away this laptop because I'm really frustrated right now I should not have gotten a laptop with AMD.

okamiwolf144

Still nothing huh? What a shame.... im about to throw out this trash laptop becuase after searching through tons of forums, not a single working solution for me.