0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 11:00 AM by unclejack

Low performance of VCE in OBS on HD 7870

unclejack

Hey, I'm getting really poor performance while streaming or recording with OBS using VCE. Didn't have no problems before I updated my graphics drivers to the newest version. I was able to record in 1080p 60 FPS (bitrate 25000 kbps) with no drops and stream AT LEAST in 1080p 30 FPS with bitrate at 3500 kbps (CBR) with no drops as well. My basic PC specs: Intel Xeon E5405 @ 2.3 GHz, Sapphire Radeon HD 7870, 4 GB of RAM DDR2, OCZ CXS 500W. My CPU and GPU are overclocked. My Adobe Premiere didn't wanna work so I reinstalled my OS which is Windows 7 64-bit. Installed completely new graphics drivers. Premiere 2015 works now but it doesn't want to use OpenCL... I don't really care 'bout this 'cause I kinda know how to deal with it. I wanna be able to stream in 1080p and record in 1080p60 again. Changing settings doesn't affect the performance of the encoder. I got 'em as high as it's possible: VCE is set to Quality, interpolation (resolution scaled from 1920x1080 to 1280x720) to this "best details" setting and encoder profile is at high. There's no point giving any screenshots of my settings here, 'cause my OBS is in polish.

Been lookin' for answers on AMD forums and OBS forums, asked a few people but nobody can tell me what the problem really is. Oh, and i get this weird message when I'm trying to start streaming with "Use AMD AMF instead of OVE" unchecked: "Your hardware or driver does not seem to support AMD VCE or selected API version". I have no idea what's goin' on. I never had this option checked before and I didn't change anything in my rig. I gonna be grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance!