1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 3:04 AM by tomtalk24

how to guess the best driver for my laptop? is it crimson 15.12 or crimson hotfix ? why are they so complicated? please help me as i cant run my games , i have lenovo g50-80 8gb ram, amd radeon r5 m 330.

divich

i have a lenovo g50-80.8 gb ram. amd radeon r5 m 330. i have installed every driver from lenovo provided to amd provided and my games are still the same. i am very confused about which drivers to install . and please provide me details to install amd drivers correctly. its been an year and i am still frustrated.

• Re: how to guess the best driver for my laptop? is it crimson 15.12 or crimson hotfix ? why are they so complicated? please help me as i cant run my games , i have lenovo g50-80 8gb ram, amd radeon r5 m 330.
          tomtalk24

Once you have done it a few times it will be as familiar as emptying your recycling bin.

The only thing you should need to download from AMDs official site is your GPU drivers. Download Drivers and under "manually select your drivers" enter your system info, Notebook graphics > R5 > Radeon R5 M3XX Series > OS.

The most relevant part here is to take a look at the release notes, they list what has changed, and what may or may not improve your experience or squish any bugs in your current drivers.

So the hotfix driver may do nothing to your games, or to improve your hardware. But no harm in using them at all.

Your games may not change at all. If for instance when a new game is released that isn't working at 100% on AMD hardware AMD tend to release a driver update to address this. But that X.1 version may not be worth the hassle to update to if it hasn't addressed anything other than that game and a few reported bugs you may not have even experienced. Again check out the release notes.

Installing drivers correctly can take a few minutes every few months, but is worth doing right as they are vital for your system.

I hope this can address some of your concerns.