7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 9:27 PM by liz81

BSOD each time amd have new revision date

liz81

Every time AMD have a new revision date or a new version like when they go from 16.1 then 16.1.1, I would get a BSOD because I didn't install 16.1.1 when it came out.  My AMD isn't automatically updating itself so I have to come back here every week or month to be sure I have a new or updated version of the driver so I don't get a BSOD.  I get a BSOD about every month because that's how often AMD have a new revision date for the driver.  I don't think I should have to update the driver every month each time a new revision comes out.  Why does this AMD have a new revision date every month?  What can I do to keep from getting a BSOD each time AMD have a new revision date for a driver?

• Re: BSOD each time amd have new revision date
          tomtalk24

I think we need some clarification here, just to fully understand your issue.

Drivers wont automatically update. Windows may do, but you get the choice to update. Normally when you buy a new game or experience problems.

How and when do you get the BSOD? Is this when your updating your drivers, or is it just coinciding with the time AMD release an update?

We can investigate the cause of the OS BSOD via Event Viewer, you will see a red exclamation mark on an error, and what caused it.

Hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

liz81

I could be doing anything online.  I could be watching videos, typing on twitter or Facebook or anything online and it would happen.  There's never a specific time or anything in particular that I'm doing that triggers this.  It does seem to happen before I find out there was a new release or revision date and I didn't know it.  So I go to install the new update and that works out fine until there's a new update or more recent revision date.  It'll happen then after I get back online after the BSOD, I find out about the newer revision date that I didn't know about before.

kingfish

Are you using WinXP?? Win8?? Win10?? The OS influences the issue. Jeez....just a little information so we don't run around in circles.

This sounds like a typical raptr issue anyway.

Read This First

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

liz81

I don't have raptr installed or Gaming Evolved.  When I installed this version, I made sure that wasn't installed.

• AMD Graphics Card
                        • AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series
                      • Operating System
                        • Windows 8.1 64bit (This is a HP Pavilion 23-h056 TouchSmart All-in-one Desktop PC)
                      • Driver version installed
                      • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix (so far, this is not causing a problem but previous versions have caused BSODs if I haven't installed the newest ones yet).
                      • Display Devices
                        • HP 23 in touch-enabled IPS widescreen WLED backlit display.  Native resolutions: 1920x1080 (16:9 aspect ratio)
                      • Motherboard
                        • Manufacturer: Quanta
                        • HP name: Dogwood
                        • SSID: 2B0B
                      • CPU/APU

AMD A6-5200 APU

• CPU speed: 2.0 GHz
                        • CPU cores: 4
                        • CPU Cache: 2 MB L2
                        • TDP: 25 W
                        • System on a Chip (SoC) design – chipset and processor are combined
                        • Integrated graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8400
                      • Power Supply Unit Wattage
                        • 90W
                      • RAM
                        • Amount of memory installed; 6GB
                      tomtalk24

It would be advised when the OS starts to kick errors and BSOD's to check the Windows Event Viewer. After the crash you will be able to find any warnings or errors and determine what's cased them, and then act on them as needed.