2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 3:14 PM by drsantafe@inbox.com

small area of screen with less dpi

drsantafe@inbox.com

I have a Sapphire R9 280x Toxic.  Recently during games there is  a small rectangle of lower dpi on my screen-on a 21 inch monitor this looks like about 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch.   This is with both an HDMI cable and a DVI cable.  Is this a typical symptom of bad memory, bad GPU, bad capacitors or what?  Is there any way of testing the card to determine the source and potential fix for the problem?

Thanks

• Re: small area of screen with less dpi
          amdmatt

What OS and AMD driver are you using? I would try using an older/newer driver depending on the driver you are using at the moment.

If you can provide a picture of screenshot of what you are describing, that would be useful.

• Re: small area of screen with less dpi
            drsantafe@inbox.com

Thanks for your reply AMDMatt.  I doubted if it was a software issue as I have 3 identical Z800s I've moved the card across and 2 identical R9 280x cards. The problem only occurred on one of the 3 video cards and appeared across all three platforms...but I post the information below because you are right, it should be posted with any question.

Be that as it may, I did notice that the square of larger pixels moved around between machines so I thought...maybe its the old slightly tarnished gold connector thing on the PCIe buss.  So I reverted to my 1980s technology, got out my pencil eraser and made the gold contacts shine.  Strangely it worked.  So the square went away.

Thanks again

Z800.JPG

R9 software.JPG