AnsweredAssumed Answered

Computer Crashes every time I try to install driver

Question asked by majine01@gmail.com on Jan 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 by amdmatt

Hello,

I'm having a frustrating time trying to get my system to run again.

I was running fine for a few years after I rebuilt my computer, 8 gigs ddr3, AMD A10-7850, Sapphire R9 290, Rosewill RBR1000-MS

Ran into an issue where my computer would blue screen every time I tried to update CCC. I thought it was a OS issue because my computer wouldn't accept updates form Windows updater.

I ended up upgrading form windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Windows 10 pro. With windows 10 every time I try to install the new display driver one of two things happen. Half way thought the install the installer will crash or, more often, it will install and when I restart it boots to a black screen and half of my computer stops working. HDDs stop spinning and the disk drive shuts off. Far as I can tell its only the fans that continue to run. From there when I force restart the computer wont boot again unless I revert to an older build.

So I tried installing the driver with out the card in and i get the same problem. I reinstalled windows 7 and I get it installed every time however every time it fails on reboot and i have to start over.

I was getting excited to add a new card and more ram but i don't want to put any money into a system that doesn't work.

any one have any ideas?

Outcomes