4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2016 11:51 AM by qwixt

Crossfire with 15.12

gevo

I've downloaded Crimson beta 15.12 on my Alienware M18x w/ two HD6990M's. I am having issues getting Star Wars the old Republic to launch with Crossfire enabled. If I go into my Swtor profile & set the crossfire to disable it still acts as if the computer is in crossfire mode. I actually have to go to Radeon settings > preferences > Radeon additional settings > Gaming > AMD crossfire & disable it from there. If I can't use the setting the game profiles offers whats the point in having it?

• Re: Crossfire with 15.12
          louisojeda

Lots of SWTOR bugs with new drivers....I have found that if you lower AA to medium it will work but I have noticed that once the game exits and you return to it some of the default settings like what resolution is shown and the Frame rate shown get reverted to 800 x 600 and 30 FPS. The odd thing is that it is not showing as 800 x 600 it just says it is. It looks like the resolution you had changed it to last. If you attempt to correct the resolution setting to the correct one it acts as if nothing was changed.. just another bug. Playing with AA on medium is the only fix at the moment.

caspadan

Ok, just read this and it turns out to be the same problem I'm having with profiles and the global on/off switch for crossfire.

Here is my post...  Disable Crossfire in Windows but enable per game

Apparently I should report it to AMD.  And I thought this was an official AMD site - with the added help of the community, guess I was wrong..

Nonetheless, the trouble I experience is the same.

caspadan

Just updated to 16.1 yesterday and still not working.  I enabled crossfire but disabled it for the game profile, but the game is still running in crossfire mode.

qwixt

How are you picking/launching the game? I read one post from a guy that said using the steam created desktop shortcuts do not work properly (because it using the steam id and not specific .exe in the shortcut). He had to manually create a new one by picking the specific .exe file. I do not remember if he was trying to turn off x-fire or not. I've notice that some of the pre-installed profiles in radeon settings are of the steam id type.