AnsweredAssumed Answered

Idle 2D (desktop), high memory/gpu clock stuck on dual monitor.

Question asked by vanhelsing091 on Nov 26, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 by vanhelsing091

Hello.

I think this issue started after trying Crimson, at least I realized then. In the middle of adjusting fan speed I noticed that my clocks are stuck. Memory- 1200MHz, GPU- 400MHz. Turning off, reseting to default settings in OverDrive did nothing. Quick clean back to 15.7.1 - same issue. Clean reinstallation to beta drivers - same issue. So I cleaned my system from any leftovers from drive, reg and used Display Driver Uninstaller. Installing again 15.7.1 - same issue.

Issue disappears after disconnecting one of the monitors, the clock stuck never happened before. After googling the problem I started to test with manual settings of the clocks - fixed!

<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00_4&113C73B2&0&0018A">

<Property name="Want_0" value="30001"/>

Even one small change in memory like 1 on end fix the stuck from 1200MHz - explained on video AMD R1 - YouTube (clocks and usage jumping caused by recording)

But it is temporary solution and I can't use even that small clock change, why? Here is why AMD R2 - YouTube my second monitor is doing flicker, even worse while watching video, issue disappears after returning to normal clocks. I never realised I have this problem untill my warranty expired... (bios update did not help)

Radeon 5870

Attachments

Outcomes