2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 12:08 PM by 111alan

Firepro W7100 disconnect from monitor at about 91°C?

111alan

Received a retail W7100 earlier today.Problems are found during testing.

When I used furmark to stress GPU for the stability test,the temperature slowly increased to about 91°C,then the fan suddenly accelerated to full speed for about 0.5 seconds,with black screen occurred at the same time.The monitor can't receive any signal before a full reset of the system was done,re-plugging and plugging it to a different port won't help.The same problem occurs when running SPECviewperf 12.

I was using the latest firepro driver at first,and have tried some old versions as well.My OS is win7.And the 500w PSU has no problem because I overclocked and stress-tested a R9 290x lightning with it.

The problem occurs quite precisely when the temperature reaches 90-92°c.

Any Ideas?Thanks.

• Re: Firepro W7100 disconnect from monitor at about 91°C?
          amdmatt

Please don't use Furmark, it is not a realistic method of testing a graphics card. All it does is place a large amount of pressure of the GPU and shorten its lifespan.

If you want to test a graphics card for stability, please just use it to play demanding Direct 11 games, or even benchmarks such as Firestrike or Unigine Heaven.

Was my post helpful? If it was, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful in order to help others.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Firepro W7100 disconnect from monitor at about 91°C?
              111alan

Thanks for the reply,but I thought firepro should withstand any stress in it's designated ambient condition on a compatible system for at least 3 years...

The problem also occurs in SPECviewperf 12.Black screen occurs on the half way so it can't complete the tests.Same thing happens when playing star wars : battlefront 2 for about 20 minutes as well.