1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 5:04 PM by radeonix

My AMD Radeon R7 M260 graphics card has gone dead

jasonsgt

Hello

I have bought my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L70-B-12T) approximately a year ago and it's been a few months now that it gets really slow when I play games, especially after the Windows 10 update.  The main game I play is League of Legends which doesn't require so high graphics but it feels like I am playing on a 2004 computer, even after I reduced the quality of the graphics to the minimum.  I have done some reasearch and I discovered that my CPU (Inter Core i5-4210U 1.70Ghz - 2.60Ghz) is doing all the graphics work using Intel HD Graphics Family, instead of the AMD Radeon R7 M260.

Now this is when it gets weird:  In the "Device Manager", under the "Display Adapters" tab I can see both the AMD Radeon R7 M260 and the Intel HD Graphics Family.  I try disabling the Intel one, run League of Legends or any other game and it shows me an error that the AMD's drivers are not installed/not working properly or not exist at all.  I turn the Intel one back on and the game starts as it used to before (slow as a 2004 PC).

I have reinstalled the drivers, updated them a million times but nothing seems to solve the problem.  I have unistalled the Intel's drivers completely, did a clean install of everything but  it is like the AMD Graphics Card doesn't exist but shows up as connected to my laptop.  Is there a possibility that it might have been damaged or fallen out of position? What is it?  Also I have done some performance tests using a program called  "PerformanceTest 8.0 Evaluation" and I came up with the conclusion that my AMD graphics card is not responsive.

p.s I have attached two pictures of the tests.

Thanks,

-Iasonas

Intel.pngAMD.png