6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2015 1:34 AM by backFireX64

Any chance of finally having full crossfire support for COD Black Ops 3?

ashton

Will there ever be a day that Crossfire is fully supported on a COD game? Maybe BO3?

BF4 and the rest of the series does and always has, why wont they do it for COD now?

AMD?

• Re: Any chance of finally having full crossfire support for COD Black Ops 3?
          backFireX64

"Full CrossFireX support", a bold phrase...

That is wishful for many other games. Few come close to it, regarding scaling performance. Shall i talk about witcher 3 ?

When it comes to COD games, pray that the devs will fix/ patch the game first a few times... multi-gpu is not properly supported or implemented in the first place.

Don't hold your breath mate, though i would very much love to be surprised... positively that is.

To be honest, i am restraining from getting the game right now, until i upgrade to a beefier single gpu solution. The HD5970 won't cut it when crossfirex is not working as intended.

Is crossfirex on this game that bad right now ?

ashton

Let me start with your question. Yes it is unplayable due to stuttering, loses response from mouse, and audio pauses. Also the cinematic scenes do the same thing right from the first second. This problem started with COD Ghost. All other games prior to Ghost worked perfectly including Black Ops 2 and older. For some reason the Devs and AMD have not released a supporting game since. Its 3 games, Ghost, Advance Warfare and now BO3. What the problem is I have no idea. I can only assume it is not a priority for some reason.

The game runs ok with one card for me since I have 2 HD7950's but I agree with you, it needs patching, it has some bugs and I cant get close to maximizing my settings. The game is a little buggy in Multiplayer, I am not sure in single player, I haven't played it yet. My issues may just be mine, I am not sure if this is happening to others but I believe it is common. 

Neither AMD nor the Developer seem to give us any reasons on why they will not support dual GPU's. This has negatively impacted the hardware industry and PC gaming in a whole. As far as other games supporting multigpu there are some good ones. Battlefield 4 and the versions prior have always fully supported multigpu or have come close. New games like Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, Mad Max, and many others support multigpu. Even Crysis 3 doesnt run too bad.

Owning a multigpu rig is a crap shoot, I understand that but when a huge game like COD doesn't seem to care it makes me wonder if the option to have two plus cards is a mistake now. I myself will never do it again if I ever build another system. Its a shame that we spend the money in hardware to only be disappointed by the software. In my opinion the ability to run a game or program with full multigpu support should have been designed to be completely dependent on the hardware only, not the software. That was the mistake when SLI and Crossfire was designed. Too much needed collaboration from both has been detrimental for the PC market. I am not an expert so my comments may be wrong, I wish AMD would respond to this comment and enlighten us. If I knew where to send this comment to the right person I would.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  backFireX64

I cannot describe the situation better myself and i agree with most of the points you made.

"This has negatively impacted the hardware industry and PC gaming in a whole"

How and at what extent ?

I disagree. PC hardware and software sales are better than ever, according to market analysts and from my own quick research.

Maybe you mean quality and performance (i don't mean graphics...) ?

Yeah, that has gone down the drain. It's clearly evident by now. Priority and focus has shifted heavily towards the console market, regarding sales and profit expectations from devs/ publishers. So that doesn't help either.

Perhaps you mean company policies towards customers/ gamers ?

Yes, we can all quickly bring some examples of foul tactics and policies. I will only remind you of how easily QA has moved to gamers, excluding some 'early access' games that actually benefit from this process. Does Arkham Knight ring a bell ? What about the recent COD ?

Multi-gpu gaming is more of a hit & miss now than ever.

As i i have already stated my opinion on this multiple times now, gpu cards targeted for enthusiast and hardcore gamers are becoming strong enough to drive games with higher gfx settings and close to the sweet 60 fps target at 1080p and 2k resolutions. Even render close to 40-50 fps in 4k.

People that want the absolute best will now prefer an R9 390x, a FuryX, or a GTX 980 ti over a multi-gpu setup. Heck, many will choose crossfirex and sli with these high-end cards regardless, cause many will go for 4k, which in turn needs mostly 2 cards to keep above 60 fps.

The industry, as such, will continue to sell all available hardware choices, as long as the market allows to and is targeted accordingly.

As for whom you and i and the rest of the community should be bothering.... take a pick !

The developers directly.

The publishers.

The game platforms (steam/ origin/ uplay etc.)

The driver makers and the companies behind them.

Send love letters to all and make them your best friends !!! lol

For this support site, your best bet is to gather your friendly neighbors... i mean your fellow AMD users and exchange feedback, raise questions and ask the AMD representatives by:

1. talking to them directly by opening support threads (you've already partly done that)

2. submitting a 'bug' or isue report to the driver team by filling the official form: AMD Issue Reporting Form (the most vital thing to do)

3. making use of the 'contact AMD' page: Global Technical Support   &   Email Form

ashton

Hi backfirex64,

"This has negatively impacted the hardware industry and PC gaming in a whole"

I suppose my comment is more of an opinion. The reason I said that was based on my situation. I decided to go for the max performance when I bought my Asus Crosshair MB with 4 graphics ports and my 2 HD7950s back a few years ago thinking I could max out games for a while. Unfortunately I didn't realize I would have to fish for games that would actually work. This makes me tentative in spending my money on up-gradable and expandable hardware. The way I see it I really won't care if my next MB has only one graphics port nor will I care about buying more then one card. I will focus on what performs best and is most compatible to the software available. Wouldn't this effect the hardware market since I will be spending less so to speak? l guess I may be wrong on that. We will see when I replace my current rig. I can confirm I will not focus on multigpu, that is for sure.

Yes I already submitted a bug report recently and in the past. I never get a reply though.

Thanks for replying bro!

backFireX64

Yeah, you've got a perfectly valid point there.

What i personally think is that the profit loss from less multi-gpu builds will be channeled towards more profits from the need and change of interest for more high-end gpus, which in turn are invoiced accordingly.

Neither AMD, nor NVIDIA are currently focusing on multi-gpu profiles, but mainly, it is the developers who are not particularly interested in implementing and optimizing this technology within the game engine.

If not that, then what ?

I mean, i buy 10 games that require a lot of processing power and maybe 2 or 3 have a decent multi-gpu profile.

Anyway, i can also confirm for myself that i won't be bothering with multi-gpu setups on my next, already planned, gpu upgrade.

I had enough of it already.

There are two things that could possibly change that:

-if i get a lot richer (not happening anytime soon...) and i wouldn't mind spending extra cash.

-if dx12 software & hardware (from what we know till now) succeeds in persuading me to reconsider. It will surely take some serious effort though.